cable splitters

gregkeller

Jul 22, 2003
alright, i don't know if they even make the thing i am looking for, but i figured if anyone knew about it this was the best place to ask. I am looking to set up one of my bikes with a TT front end (visiontech bars, aerobars with shifters on the end, the whole shebang). I don't want to loose this bike as my 2nd bike though and would like to be able to swap it out with a regular drop handlebar with STI's, so does some company make a way to split the cables (brake and shifters) with a quick release type of thing. I would imagine that a bike like the Ritchey breakaway and other frames that break apart for travel would have these. Any help would be appreciated.

gregkeller said:
alright, i don't know if they even make the thing i am looking for, but i figured if anyone knew about it this was the best place to ask. I am looking to set up one of my bikes with a TT front end (visiontech bars, aerobars with shifters on the end, the whole shebang). I don't want to loose this bike as my 2nd bike though and would like to be able to swap it out with a regular drop handlebar with STI's, so does some company make a way to split the cables (brake and shifters) with a quick release type of thing. I would imagine that a bike like the Ritchey breakaway and other frames that break apart for travel would have these. Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, they're called cable splitters. The ones I've seen though are for bare cables not housed cables, so you'd probably have to use them farther away from your bars than you were thinking.

http://www.sandsmachine.com/ac_cable.htm

Thanks, that's exactly what i was looking for. I figured it would have to be on the bare cable, thats not the problem. I really want to be able to have a set of drop bars with my STI's on the bike most of the time, and then swap out for the TT front end in a relatively short period of time (10 minutes) for the TT's that i will do. I don't have room for a 3rd bike, and i don't want to be locked into riding my race bike or TT bike, so cable splitters would give me a 3rd bike pretty much.