Caffeine

TomRainKIng

Jul 7, 2005
I've been researching some energy pills to take before a workout...All of them are almost identical considering the only real active ingrediant is Caffeine. Some will through some Niacin in, some will through some odd plants oil that does nothing...So my question is, are the caffiene pills like TruckDriver pills, that are 100% caffeine any different than the caffeine from Maugh Haung (spelling?) that is in most diet pills?

TomRainKIng said:
I've been researching some energy pills to take before a workout...All of them are almost identical considering the only real active ingrediant is Caffeine. Some will through some Niacin in, some will through some odd plants oil that does nothing...So my question is, are the caffiene pills like TruckDriver pills, that are 100% caffeine any different than the caffeine from Maugh Haung (spelling?) that is in most diet pills?

Mah hwang is effedrine, and is very different from caffeine.
I've tried effedrine once, and it felt like I was going to have a heart-attack. Never again!

PS: I've been 100% caffeine free for over a month, and my performance is better than ever. It is true that caffeine can give you a slight benefit in performance, but the effect is diminished if your body is used to taking it regularly.

-a

Opps, I meant Guarana...Yeah, I try to only take Caffeine when i'm lifting weights...(Currently 3 days a week MWF, soon 4 days MTRF). I've had some big problems with fatigue, caffeine has provided me with a safe way (less than 200mg) to "Up myself". It's really changed my attitude towards the gym. The dependency thing does scare me, so i'm trying to only take it a few times...and I avoid caffeine in everday life...I don't drink soda or coffee, I try to drink Decaf Tea as much as I can...not a big chocolate guy either. It seems like such a rip off at GNC...they charge around 40$ for a bottle of 36 pills that each contain 90mgs of caffeine. NoDOZ...the Truck Driver pills I refered to, cost 6$ for 36 pills and contain 200mgs of caffeine. I guess I shouldnt be surprised at the price hike at GNC Though.