Campy 111mm BB - 110mm or 113mm?

dpvwia

Apr 5, 2004
I have 98 Campy Athena cranks, and the bottom bracket is getting a bit crunchy, so I'm looking for an aftermarket replacement. My options are a new Campy AC-H, which comes in the required 111mm axel length, or just about anthing else in either 110mm or 113mm.

My question is - if I go with something other than 111mm, should I go up to 113mm (given one extra mm on each side) or is it OK to go down to 110 (and lose 0.5mm on each side)? Anyone out there ever do one of these? I hate to spread things out all the way to 113mm, but I worried 110mm is cutting it too close.

With the current 111mm BB, the frame clearance (Ibis Sonoma frame) is not really wide or tight - looks pretty typical.

Gracias,

Dave

Originally posted by dpvwia
I have 98 Campy Athena cranks, and the bottom bracket is getting a bit crunchy, so I'm looking for an aftermarket replacement. My options are a new Campy AC-H, which comes in the required 111mm axel length, or just about anthing else in either 110mm or 113mm.

My question is - if I go with something other than 111mm, should I go up to 113mm (given one extra mm on each side) or is it OK to go down to 110 (and lose 0.5mm on each side)? Anyone out there ever do one of these? I hate to spread things out all the way to 113mm, but I worried 110mm is cutting it too close.

With the current 111mm BB, the frame clearance (Ibis Sonoma frame) is not really wide or tight - looks pretty typical.

Gracias,

Dave
Besides correct spindle length,you also have to use one with an ISO(taper).You cannot just use 'anything else'.