Campy Barend shifter 8->10spd?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Baird Webel, Apr 6, 2005.

  1. Baird Webel

    Baird Webel Guest

    Can 8 speed Campy barend shifters be switched to 10 by changing the
    internal ratchet to the one that is offered today, or did they change
    the internals like they did on the ergo levers?

    thanks,

    Baird

    Tags:

  2. Joshua Lee

    Joshua Lee Guest

    Yes, you can switch between 8-9-10 by replacing the ratchet gear. In fact, I
    have all three gears for my barend shifter. I'll let the real experts answer
    regarding 7sp and lower.

    Josh
    "Baird Webel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Can 8 speed Campy barend shifters be switched to 10 by changing the
    > internal ratchet to the one that is offered today, or did they change
    > the internals like they did on the ergo levers?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > Baird

  3. Nick Payne

    Nick Payne Guest

    I changed a 9 to a 10 by changing the ratchet. Don't know if the internals
    of 8 are different. I suggest browsing the Branford Bike web site: they
    usually have this sort of information.

    Nick

  4. Baird Webel wrote:
    > Can 8 speed Campy barend shifters be switched to 10 by changing the
    > internal ratchet to the one that is offered today, or did they change
    > the internals like they did on the ergo levers?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > Baird

    The 3 spring version of the 8s can, from 1995/6. The two spring cannot.