Campy Record Front Brake Won't Fit on Fork



K

Kenny

Guest
On Aug 12, 1:09 am, A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote:
> Kenny wrote:
> > Thought I'd post a link the pic of the brake bolt.

>
> >http://bayimg.com/LAFchaAbi

>
> That's not a bolt, it's a nut.
> And that's not the original Easton nut either.
> --
> Andrew Muziwww.yellowjersey.org
> Open every day since 1 April, 1971


Does the Easton fork come supplied with a brake nut? Mine didn't have
one. Do you know what the proper nut length is?
 
J

jim beam

Guest
Lou Holtman wrote:
> jim beam wrote:
>> Kenny wrote:
>>> Thought I'd post a link the pic of the brake bolt.
>>>
>>> http://bayimg.com/LAFchaAbi
>>>

>>
>> that's the nut, not the bolt.
>>
>> and this is a length issue. get a shorter one from your lbs.

>
> Should someone that clueless install a new carbon fork?
>
> Lou


smart enough to ask. smart enough to keep on asking. and smart enough
to not pick a fight.

if you want to take issue with people who get stuff wrong, why aren't
you around when a bullshitter's lying their ass off? that's a good deal
more offensive imo.
 
K

Kenny

Guest
On Aug 12, 2:27 am, Lou Holtman <[email protected]> wrote:
> jim beam wrote:


> Should someone that clueless install a new carbon fork?
>
> Lou

Definitely not!

Cheers,
Kenny
 
Q

Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com

Guest
On Aug 11, 10:28 am, Kenny <[email protected]> wrote:
> Thought I'd post a link the pic of the brake bolt.
>
> http://bayimg.com/LAFchaAbi


ohhhh!!, too long. not to big in diameter...have the bike shop guy
supply a shorter nut. They come in about 5 or 6 lengths. He should
have mentioned this. Any bike shop guy has a drawer full of different
length brake nuts..
 
K

Kenny

Guest
On Aug 12, 8:26 pm, "Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Aug 11, 10:28 am, Kenny <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Thought I'd post a link the pic of the brake bolt.

>
> >http://bayimg.com/LAFchaAbi

>
> ohhhh!!, too long. not to big in diameter...have the bike shop guy
> supply a shorter nut. They come in about 5 or 6 lengths. He should
> have mentioned this. Any bike shop guy has a drawer full of different
> length brake nuts..


Well, got a what I think was a 12mm brake nut from the LBS and it did
the trick. New fork successfully installed. Yeah!