Careful on muddy roads

Discussion in 'Commuting and Road Safety' started by Corzhens, Aug 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

There are dirt roads in our village and they become muddy during the rainy season. Not a few riders suffered a crash due to the sticky and slippery mud on the road. That is one reason why bikers don’t ride after the rains because of the resulting muddy streets. Fortunately the main roads are all cemented so travel is not restricted much.

Tags:

2. treecko142

treecko142 Active Member

Yeah, another reason why I generally avoid biking in the rain or under extreme conditions; the road becomes more unpredictable and if I have other means of transportation anyway, then I can always bike on another day.

3. Miyers

Miyers New Member

Agreed. It's truly dangerous to ride in such conditions. But sometimes people have no other options. In this particular case we've to get some advice from experts. When I moved to Mawsynram I used to learn all about riding in the rain. The best recommendations I've got from a guy at
    bestadviser.net/how-to/how-to-keep-riding-in-wet-and-cold-conditions
    Still I'm following his advice and feel myself more safe even though I ride a lot in the rain. So it's not always bad idea to ride in wet conditions.

4. plexin

plexin New Member

Yeah its really dangerous.