Carnacs make me puke.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Callistus Valer, Mar 12, 2003.

  1. I can't stand to even look at my Carnac Legends anymore, because they're French. But I'm running
    into a problem replacing them. I need a shoe with a wide toebox. Are Sidi megas as wide as the
    Carnacs? Or is there some other equivelent shoe?

    Tags:

  2. Shultz

    Shultz Guest

    older nikes had a wide toe box, don't know if they even make a cycling shoe anymore however.

    bob

    > I can't stand to even look at my Carnac Legends anymore, because
    they're
    > French. But I'm running into a problem replacing them. I need a shoe
    with
    > a wide toebox. Are Sidi megas as wide as the Carnacs? Or is there some other equivelent shoe?

  3. Arthg

    Arthg Guest

    Equivalent shoe: do a tape-over job and rebrand them as "Freedom Legends".

    > I can't stand to even look at my Carnac Legends anymore, because
    they're
    > French. But I'm running into a problem replacing them. I need a shoe
    with
    > a wide toebox. Are Sidi megas as wide as the Carnacs? Or is there some other equivelent shoe?

  4. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    Try Time. You will love the fit.

    > I can't stand to even look at my Carnac Legends anymore, because
    they're
    > French. But I'm running into a problem replacing them. I need a shoe
    with
    > a wide toebox. Are Sidi megas as wide as the Carnacs? Or is there some other equivelent shoe?

  5. Mike Krueger

    Mike Krueger Guest

    << Try Time. You will love the fit. >>

    Aren't TIME pedals, shoes, frames, forks also made in France?

  6. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

  7. Mikeyankee

    Mikeyankee Guest

    Carnac is Egyptian, n'est-ce pas?

    Mike Yankee

    (Address is munged to thwart spammers. To reply, delete everything after "com".)

  8. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    > I can't stand to even look at my Carnac Legends anymore, because
    they're
    > French. But I'm running into a problem replacing them. I need a shoe
    with
    > a wide toebox. Are Sidi megas as wide as the Carnacs? Or is there some other equivelent shoe?

    I had the same thought this morning but jeeeez they're Carnacs and they're awful dam comfy so I've
    decided to ban French Wine from my house. Besides, if I had to get rid of all my French stuff, I
    wouldn't have much cycling stuff left. In the scheme of things, France is nothing more than a small
    pimple on the ass of the world so who cares...

    Danny Callen

  9. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >From: "Danny Callen" [email protected]

    >Besides, if I had to get rid of all my French stuff, I wouldn't have much cycling stuff left.
    >In the scheme of things, France is nothing more than a small pimple on the ass of the world so
    >who cares...
    >
    >Danny Callen

    Shhhhh...Don't let them hear that. What is sad about this whole thing, and I think it applies to
    the country as a whole was summed up in a statement by a French Foreign Legion officer who had
    fought alongside regular french units. He said "The average french soldier is magnificent, it is a
    shame that they have been let down so badly by their officers and leaders." My experience is that
    the average french citizen are good decent people, including my brother in law and his family.
    Parisians are a different breed altogether, they are a culture unto themselves, and are snickered
    at by the rest of France also. Bill C.

  10. 47% of US citizens are opposed to Bush and the oil administrations illegal war. Most of the rest of
    the world is also. So why don't just you boycott life.

  11. "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > I had the same thought this morning but jeeeez they're Carnacs and
    they're
    > awful dam comfy so I've decided to ban French Wine from my house.
    Besides,
    > if I had to get rid of all my French stuff, I wouldn't have much cycling stuff left. In the scheme
    > of things, France is nothing more than a small pimple on the ass of the world so who cares...

    US foreign policy is a huge boil on the worlds face. I love how someone from a country with only
    6% of the worlds population with 50% of the worlds wealth can sit in his cozy warm house and say
    how people should be killed. If you want to kill someone why don't you go over there and do it
    your self?

  12. "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I can't stand to even look at my Carnac Legends anymore, because they're French. But I'm
    > running into a problem replacing them. I need a shoe with a wide toebox. Are Sidi megas as
    > wide as the Carnacs? Or is there some other equivelent shoe?

    What's the big deal with the French disagreeing? Worldwide, the view that Saddam Hussein is an
    immediate threat to the US is a minority opinion. Our Founding Fathers would approve of the debate,
    both of the pro and the con.

    "Difference of opinion leads to enquiry, and enquiry to truth; and that, I am sure, is the ultimate
    and sincere object of us both. We both value too much the freedom of opinion sanctioned by our
    Constitution, not to cherish its exercise even where in opposition to ourselves."

    -- Thomas Jefferson to P. H. Wendover, 1815

  13. "TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >From: "one of the six billion" [email protected]
    >
    > >If you want to kill someone why don't you go over there and do it your self?
    >
    > You know what dickwad, I sat my ass in the freezing sleet looking over the
    > border at Czech T-72 tanks with their main guns pointed at my ass before the
    > Berlin wall fell. Americans have put their asses on the line for more people
    > around the world without it having been a former colony, or demamding payment

    > The last person the world generally agreed was perfect was tacked to a cross for being a rebel.
    > At least we have made an effort for something other than colonial gain.

    We did the right thing in the Cold War.

    Containment worked against the Soviet Union. Since you looked down the barrell of T-72s, I'm
    sure you will agree that the successful containment policy was preferable to an attempted
    pre-emptive strike.

    What is being proposed now (by W. Bush) is not containment.

  14. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    "one of the six billion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > 47% of US citizens are opposed to Bush and the oil administrations illegal war. Most of the rest
    > of the world is also. So why don't just you boycott life.
    >

    > "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I can't stand to even look at my Carnac Legends anymore, because
    > they're
    > > French. But I'm running into a problem replacing them. I need a shoe
    > with
    > > a wide toebox. Are Sidi megas as wide as the Carnacs? Or is there some other equivelent shoe?

    Why don't ou get off your US invented computer and stay off the US invented Internet and go bang so
    more freakin rocks together.

    Danny Callen

  15. Le Gopheur

    Le Gopheur Guest

    On 13 Mar 2003 02:27:44 GMT, [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote:

    > At least we have made an effort for something other than colonial gain. Bill C.

    currently that would seem to be low oil prices. certainly an altruistic cause, if ever
    i've seen one.

    g.

  16. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    > "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > I can't stand to even look at my Carnac Legends anymore, because
    they're
    > > French. But I'm running into a problem replacing them. I need a shoe
    with
    > > a wide toebox. Are Sidi megas as wide as the Carnacs? Or is there some other equivelent shoe?
    >

    > What's the big deal with the French disagreeing? Worldwide, the view that
    Saddam Hussein is an immediate threat to the US is a
    > minority opinion. Our Founding Fathers would approve of the debate, both
    of the pro and the con.

    The difference of opinion is fine and I have no problem with a peaceful resolution to disarmamment
    (did I spell that right); however, the UN voted 15-0 to insure Saddam's adherence to the resolution.
    He has not proven to have done that. Where is the missing anthrax, etc, etc. France just has an
    incredibly wimpy point of view and is reluctant to stand ground on anything. Why are we viewed
    negatively? We have held up our side of the bargain and even gone above and beyond what was
    originally agreed to. The world has not proven to Saddam that we are "serious", only the US has with
    it's troop deployment. What kind of message does that send to the rest of the whackos out there that
    think they can do what they please with no recourse?

    Case closed gentlemen!

    Danny Callen

  17. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    "one of the six billion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    > > I had the same thought this morning but jeeeez they're Carnacs and
    > they're
    > > awful dam comfy so I've decided to ban French Wine from my house.
    > Besides,
    > > if I had to get rid of all my French stuff, I wouldn't have much cycling stuff left. In the
    > > scheme of things, France is nothing more than a small pimple on the ass of the world so who
    > > cares...
    > >

    > US foreign policy is a huge boil on the worlds face. I love how someone from a country with only
    > 6% of the worlds population with 50% of the
    worlds
    > wealth can sit in his cozy warm house and say how people should be killed. If you want to kill
    > someone why don't you go over there and do it your self?

    Would you please point out where I said "people" should be killed? I don't think I stated my view of
    the war situation at all other than my disdain for France's atitude. If it weren't for US foreign
    policy, most of Europe would be speaking German. Like it or not, we are the world's policeman. If
    indeed, any regime is a threat to a free way of life it should be snuffed. Yes, it's sad that the
    rest of the world including the wimpy French government have put us in a position that we have to
    "look like the big bully". It's reality pal, face it. We're the strongest economy and military force
    on the planet and I will guarantee you that if whatever country it is you live in is threatened,
    we'd be the first to be begged to come bail your ass out.

    Maybe we should just put a big goddam fence around the US and the rest of you poor bastards can bang
    on rocks to communicate with each other...yes it was us that invented the computer as well.

    Danny Callen

  18. Le Gopheur

    Le Gopheur Guest

    On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:50:46 -0500, "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Maybe we should just put a big goddam fence around the US and the rest of you poor bastards can
    >bang on rocks to communicate with each other...yes it was us that invented the computer as well.
    >
    >Danny Callen

    rah-rah USA!

    g.

  19. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Danny Callen <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "one of the six billion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > 47% of US citizens are opposed to Bush and the oil administrations illegal war. Most of the rest
    > > of the world is also. So why don't just you boycott life.
    > >

    > > "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > I can't stand to even look at my Carnac Legends anymore, because
    > > they're
    > > > French. But I'm running into a problem replacing them. I need a shoe
    > > with
    > > > a wide toebox. Are Sidi megas as wide as the Carnacs? Or is there some other equivelent shoe?
    > > >

    > Why don't ou get off your US invented computer and stay off the US invented Internet and go bang
    > so more freakin rocks together.
    >
    > Danny Callen

    I've lost track. Am I, or am I not supposed to feel bad about eating brie?

    "Freedom Fries" anyone? Dijon mustard with that?

    -WG

  20. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    "warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:120320031856135717%[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, Danny Callen <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > "one of the six billion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > 47% of US citizens are opposed to Bush and the oil administrations
    illegal
    > > > war. Most of the rest of the world is also. So why don't just you boycott life.
    > > >

    > > > "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > they're
    > > > with
    > > > >

    > > Why don't ou get off your US invented computer and stay off the US
    invented
    > > Internet and go bang so more freakin rocks together.
    > >
    > > Danny Callen
    >
    > I've lost track. Am I, or am I not supposed to feel bad about eating brie?
    >
    > "Freedom Fries" anyone? Dijon mustard with that?
    >
    > -WG

    Warren, trade the Brie for a Dunkin Donuts Chocolate Eclair...more empty carbohydrates to burn off
    in the hot California sun.

    Danny Callen