Carnacs make me puke.



Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Callistus Valer

Guest
I can't stand to even look at my Carnac Legends anymore, because they're French. But I'm running
into a problem replacing them. I need a shoe with a wide toebox. Are Sidi megas as wide as the
Carnacs? Or is there some other equivelent shoe?
 
S

Shultz

Guest
older nikes had a wide toe box, don't know if they even make a cycling shoe anymore however.

bob

"Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I can't stand to even look at my Carnac Legends anymore, because
they're
> French. But I'm running into a problem replacing them. I need a shoe
with
> a wide toebox. Are Sidi megas as wide as the Carnacs? Or is there some other equivelent shoe?
 
A

Arthg

Guest
Equivalent shoe: do a tape-over job and rebrand them as "Freedom Legends".

"Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I can't stand to even look at my Carnac Legends anymore, because
they're
> French. But I'm running into a problem replacing them. I need a shoe
with
> a wide toebox. Are Sidi megas as wide as the Carnacs? Or is there some other equivelent shoe?
>
>

-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1
Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----
 
N

Nick Burns

Guest
Try Time. You will love the fit.

"Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I can't stand to even look at my Carnac Legends anymore, because
they're
> French. But I'm running into a problem replacing them. I need a shoe
with
> a wide toebox. Are Sidi megas as wide as the Carnacs? Or is there some other equivelent shoe?
 
M

Mike Krueger

Guest
<< Try Time. You will love the fit. >>

Aren't TIME pedals, shoes, frames, forks also made in France?
 
M

Mikeyankee

Guest
Carnac is Egyptian, n'est-ce pas?

Mike Yankee

(Address is munged to thwart spammers. To reply, delete everything after "com".)
 
D

Danny Callen

Guest
"Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I can't stand to even look at my Carnac Legends anymore, because
they're
> French. But I'm running into a problem replacing them. I need a shoe
with
> a wide toebox. Are Sidi megas as wide as the Carnacs? Or is there some other equivelent shoe?
>
>

I had the same thought this morning but jeeeez they're Carnacs and they're awful dam comfy so I've
decided to ban French Wine from my house. Besides, if I had to get rid of all my French stuff, I
wouldn't have much cycling stuff left. In the scheme of things, France is nothing more than a small
pimple on the ass of the world so who cares...

Danny Callen
 
T

Tritonrider

Guest
>From: "Danny Callen" [email protected]

>Besides, if I had to get rid of all my French stuff, I wouldn't have much cycling stuff left.
>In the scheme of things, France is nothing more than a small pimple on the ass of the world so
>who cares...
>
>Danny Callen
>
>
Shhhhh...Don't let them hear that. What is sad about this whole thing, and I think it applies to
the country as a whole was summed up in a statement by a French Foreign Legion officer who had
fought alongside regular french units. He said "The average french soldier is magnificent, it is a
shame that they have been let down so badly by their officers and leaders." My experience is that
the average french citizen are good decent people, including my brother in law and his family.
Parisians are a different breed altogether, they are a culture unto themselves, and are snickered
at by the rest of France also. Bill C.
 
O

One Of The Six

Guest
47% of US citizens are opposed to Bush and the oil administrations illegal war. Most of the rest of
the world is also. So why don't just you boycott life.

"Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I can't stand to even look at my Carnac Legends anymore, because
they're
> French. But I'm running into a problem replacing them. I need a shoe
with
> a wide toebox. Are Sidi megas as wide as the Carnacs? Or is there some other equivelent shoe?
 
O

One Of The Six

Guest
"Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> I had the same thought this morning but jeeeez they're Carnacs and
they're
> awful dam comfy so I've decided to ban French Wine from my house.
Besides,
> if I had to get rid of all my French stuff, I wouldn't have much cycling stuff left. In the scheme
> of things, France is nothing more than a small pimple on the ass of the world so who cares...
>

US foreign policy is a huge boil on the worlds face. I love how someone from a country with only
6% of the worlds population with 50% of the worlds wealth can sit in his cozy warm house and say
how people should be killed. If you want to kill someone why don't you go over there and do it
your self?
 
K

Kurgan Gringion

Guest
"Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I can't stand to even look at my Carnac Legends anymore, because they're French. But I'm
> running into a problem replacing them. I need a shoe with a wide toebox. Are Sidi megas as
> wide as the Carnacs? Or is there some other equivelent shoe?

What's the big deal with the French disagreeing? Worldwide, the view that Saddam Hussein is an
immediate threat to the US is a minority opinion. Our Founding Fathers would approve of the debate,
both of the pro and the con.

"Difference of opinion leads to enquiry, and enquiry to truth; and that, I am sure, is the ultimate
and sincere object of us both. We both value too much the freedom of opinion sanctioned by our
Constitution, not to cherish its exercise even where in opposition to ourselves."

-- Thomas Jefferson to P. H. Wendover, 1815
 
K

Kurgan Gringion

Guest
"TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >From: "one of the six billion" [email protected]
>
> >If you want to kill someone why don't you go over there and do it your self?
>
> You know what dickwad, I sat my ass in the freezing sleet looking over the
> border at Czech T-72 tanks with their main guns pointed at my ass before the
> Berlin wall fell. Americans have put their asses on the line for more people
> around the world without it having been a former colony, or demamding payment

> The last person the world generally agreed was perfect was tacked to a cross for being a rebel.
> At least we have made an effort for something other than colonial gain.

We did the right thing in the Cold War.

Containment worked against the Soviet Union. Since you looked down the barrell of T-72s, I'm
sure you will agree that the successful containment policy was preferable to an attempted
pre-emptive strike.

What is being proposed now (by W. Bush) is not containment.
 
D

Danny Callen

Guest
"one of the six billion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> 47% of US citizens are opposed to Bush and the oil administrations illegal war. Most of the rest
> of the world is also. So why don't just you boycott life.
>
>
> "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I can't stand to even look at my Carnac Legends anymore, because
> they're
> > French. But I'm running into a problem replacing them. I need a shoe
> with
> > a wide toebox. Are Sidi megas as wide as the Carnacs? Or is there some other equivelent shoe?
> >
> >
>
>

Why don't ou get off your US invented computer and stay off the US invented Internet and go bang so
more freakin rocks together.

Danny Callen
 
L

Le Gopheur

Guest
On 13 Mar 2003 02:27:44 GMT, [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote:

> At least we have made an effort for something other than colonial gain. Bill C.

currently that would seem to be low oil prices. certainly an altruistic cause, if ever
i've seen one.

g.
 
D

Danny Callen

Guest
"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > I can't stand to even look at my Carnac Legends anymore, because
they're
> > French. But I'm running into a problem replacing them. I need a shoe
with
> > a wide toebox. Are Sidi megas as wide as the Carnacs? Or is there some other equivelent shoe?
>
>
>
>
> What's the big deal with the French disagreeing? Worldwide, the view that
Saddam Hussein is an immediate threat to the US is a
> minority opinion. Our Founding Fathers would approve of the debate, both
of the pro and the con.
>
>
>

The difference of opinion is fine and I have no problem with a peaceful resolution to disarmamment
(did I spell that right); however, the UN voted 15-0 to insure Saddam's adherence to the resolution.
He has not proven to have done that. Where is the missing anthrax, etc, etc. France just has an
incredibly wimpy point of view and is reluctant to stand ground on anything. Why are we viewed
negatively? We have held up our side of the bargain and even gone above and beyond what was
originally agreed to. The world has not proven to Saddam that we are "serious", only the US has with
it's troop deployment. What kind of message does that send to the rest of the whackos out there that
think they can do what they please with no recourse?

Case closed gentlemen!

Danny Callen
 
D

Danny Callen

Guest
"one of the six billion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > I had the same thought this morning but jeeeez they're Carnacs and
> they're
> > awful dam comfy so I've decided to ban French Wine from my house.
> Besides,
> > if I had to get rid of all my French stuff, I wouldn't have much cycling stuff left. In the
> > scheme of things, France is nothing more than a small pimple on the ass of the world so who
> > cares...
> >
>
> US foreign policy is a huge boil on the worlds face. I love how someone from a country with only
> 6% of the worlds population with 50% of the
worlds
> wealth can sit in his cozy warm house and say how people should be killed. If you want to kill
> someone why don't you go over there and do it your self?
>
>

Would you please point out where I said "people" should be killed? I don't think I stated my view of
the war situation at all other than my disdain for France's atitude. If it weren't for US foreign
policy, most of Europe would be speaking German. Like it or not, we are the world's policeman. If
indeed, any regime is a threat to a free way of life it should be snuffed. Yes, it's sad that the
rest of the world including the wimpy French government have put us in a position that we have to
"look like the big bully". It's reality pal, face it. We're the strongest economy and military force
on the planet and I will guarantee you that if whatever country it is you live in is threatened,
we'd be the first to be begged to come bail your ass out.

Maybe we should just put a big goddam fence around the US and the rest of you poor bastards can bang
on rocks to communicate with each other...yes it was us that invented the computer as well.

Danny Callen
 
L

Le Gopheur

Guest
On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:50:46 -0500, "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>Maybe we should just put a big goddam fence around the US and the rest of you poor bastards can
>bang on rocks to communicate with each other...yes it was us that invented the computer as well.
>
>Danny Callen

rah-rah USA!

g.
 
W

Warren

Guest
In article <[email protected]>, Danny Callen <[email protected]> wrote:

> "one of the six billion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > 47% of US citizens are opposed to Bush and the oil administrations illegal war. Most of the rest
> > of the world is also. So why don't just you boycott life.
> >
> >
> > "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > I can't stand to even look at my Carnac Legends anymore, because
> > they're
> > > French. But I'm running into a problem replacing them. I need a shoe
> > with
> > > a wide toebox. Are Sidi megas as wide as the Carnacs? Or is there some other equivelent shoe?
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
> Why don't ou get off your US invented computer and stay off the US invented Internet and go bang
> so more freakin rocks together.
>
> Danny Callen

I've lost track. Am I, or am I not supposed to feel bad about eating brie?

"Freedom Fries" anyone? Dijon mustard with that?

-WG
 
D

Danny Callen

Guest
"warren" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:120320031856135717%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Danny Callen <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "one of the six billion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > 47% of US citizens are opposed to Bush and the oil administrations
illegal
> > > war. Most of the rest of the world is also. So why don't just you boycott life.
> > >
> > >
> > > "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...
> > > > I can't stand to even look at my Carnac Legends anymore, because
> > > they're
> > > > French. But I'm running into a problem replacing them. I need a
shoe
> > > with
> > > > a wide toebox. Are Sidi megas as wide as the Carnacs? Or is there
some
> > > > other equivelent shoe?
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> > Why don't ou get off your US invented computer and stay off the US
invented
> > Internet and go bang so more freakin rocks together.
> >
> > Danny Callen
>
> I've lost track. Am I, or am I not supposed to feel bad about eating brie?
>
> "Freedom Fries" anyone? Dijon mustard with that?
>
> -WG

Warren, trade the Brie for a Dunkin Donuts Chocolate Eclair...more empty carbohydrates to burn off
in the hot California sun.

Danny Callen
 
Status
Not open for further replies.