cfsmtb - your new road bike?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by hippy, Jun 27, 2004.

  1. hippy

    hippy Guest

    Tags:

  2. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb Guest

    Hippy wrote:
    > I'm sure with some Hello Kitty stickers placed strategically it would be
    > 'adequate' :)/www.cyclingnews.com/teamtech04.php?id=tech/2004/probikes/t-
    > mobile _giant
    > hippy "I want some of those tyres!"

    Whoo hoo baby! PINK treads.:D

    Um, I've had my eye on Felt frames for awhile, but with the Holy Trinity
    of Finances, Frame sizes, and God Willing, I could be interested in a
    Giant....now better put in that Tatts ticket for the mid-week draw. (OCR
    is more feasible at present than TCR)

    BTW, did anyone ride down to the RRR Community Cup yesterday? Glorious
    day, Mountain Goat Beer sold out by quarter time, VB by three-quarter.
    Can't remember much of the game due to chatting away with friends, not
    due to the effects of alcohol. Very brisk head wind cycling back into
    the city with a happy little bunch of cyclists. Just wish I didn't have
    a cold at the time, really suffering for it now...

    --

  3. hippy

    hippy Guest

    >Originally posted by cfsmtb BTW, did anyone ride down to the RRR
    >Community Cup

    Thought about it, but then it was a <shh> footy </shh> game wasn't it?
    so I decided I should finish some dvd mastering for a mate and ride the
    1:20 instead ;-)

    >Just wish I didn't have a cold at the time, really suffering for
    >it now...

    Isn't this the stage where you move from beer to whisky?

    hippy "may or may not have indulged in a few too many Coopers and some
    dodgy karaoke on Saturday night.."

    --

  4. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb Guest

    hippy wrote:
    > Isn't this the stage where you move from beer to whisky? hippy

    Actually, to paraphrase that quote,

    "Isn't this the age where you move from beer to whisky?

    Or Sweet Sherry.:D

    --

  5. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    cfsmtb wrote:
    > Actually, to paraphrase that quote,
    > "Isn't this the age where you move from beer to whisky?
    > Or Sweet Sherry.:D

    blllaaaarrrgghhh!

    good only for chain-cleaning

    --

  6. hippy

    hippy Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    > blllaaaarrrgghhh! good only for chain-cleaning

    You'd punish your poor bike with sherry? Evil evil man! ;-)

    hippy

    --

  7. hippy

    hippy Guest

    >Originally posted by flyingdutch Do you use one of them chain-cleaning-cage-
    >with little-brushes->on-wheels- gizmoes?

    hahaha cleaning? what's that? I ride the SS so much because I don't care
    about the driveline parts.. I'll swap 'em when dead. :)

    The road bike (ridden yesterday for the 1st time in months!) I'll clean
    if it gets noisy or after a messy ride.

    I usually use that chain prep stuff that I can't remember the name of
    (small white bottle, metal cleaning agent?) . I might wipe or toothbrush
    the chain and cassette clean and then use more of this cleaner/lube,
    spray on WD40 or apply light coat of oil. It depends on which bottle
    I've left lying near where I'm working on the bike.

    I'm a very poor chain maintainer.. don't do what I do! :)

    hippy

    --

  8. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    hippy wrote:
    > You'd punish your poor bike with sherry? Evil evil man! ;-)
    > hippy

    the way my running gear is going, I'll try anything once!

    Do you use one of them chain-cleaning-cage-with little-brushes-on-wheels-
    gizmoes?

    as Mr Palin said... "Wozzit loike?"

    --

  9. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    Ah, yes. more OT, but you reminded me of the SS. must get back on
    that...

    --

  10. hippy

    hippy Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    > Ah, yes. more OT, but you reminded me of the SS. must get back on
    > that...

    It might be off topic but at least it's about bikes and it's in a silly
    thread anyway..

    Do you ride your ss much? Didn't you have a massive gear on it
    initially?

    My fixie is sitting 'legs up in the air' waiting for me to get hold of
    more chain so that the rear wheel will actually sit in the dropouts. I'd
    say have a look at thehippy.net/nucleus/ but my host appears to be 'out
    to lunch' :S

    My SS has two different pedals on it today. One of the "flat/SPD" pedals
    had a loose mounting plate so I took if off and superglued
    it. To let the glue dry I fitted one of the track bike's SPD pedals
    (which used to be on my Avanti MTB..).

    hippy

    --

  11. Craigster

    Craigster Guest

  12. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    hippy wrote:
    > It might be off topic but at least it's about bikes and it's in a silly
    > thread anyway..
    > Do you ride your ss much? Didn't you have a massive gear on it
    > initially?
    > hippy

    So you wearing 2 different shoes? ;)

    I 'only' rode the SS 4 times before cold/flu struck. Taken that42T off
    and a 38T now awaits, so 38x16 sounds similar to your 36x15, yeah?

    --

  13. hippy

    hippy Guest

    >Originally posted by flyingdutch So you wearing 2 different shoes? ;)

    Nah.. the benefits of sticking with a single pedal system shine through.
    SPD all the way... until I get some SPD-SL's :)

    >Taken that42T off and a 38T now awaits, so 38x16 sounds similar to your
    >36x15, yeah?

    38/16 - 61.75" (unless I fscked up the calcs, assume 26" wheel)
    39/15 - 55.47" (unless I fscked up the calcs, assume 26" wheel) so you
    have a substantially bigger gear on.

    hippy