cfsmtb - your new road bike?

Hippy

Guest
I'm sure with some Hello Kitty stickers placed strategically
it would be 'adequate' :)/www.cyclingnews.com/teamtech04.php?id=tech/2004/probikes/t-
mobile _giant

hippy "I want some of those tyres!"

Originally posted by Hippy
I'm sure with some Hello Kitty stickers placed strategically
it would be 'adequate' :)/www.cyclingnews.com/teamtech04.php?id=tech/2004/probikes/t-
mobile _giant

hippy "I want some of those tyres!"

Whoo hoo baby! PINK treads.:D

Um, I've had my eye on Felt frames for awhile, but with the Holy Trinity of Finances, Frame sizes, and God Willing, I could be interested in a Giant....now better put in that Tatts ticket for the mid-week draw. (OCR is more feasible at present than TCR)

BTW, did anyone ride down to the RRR Community Cup yesterday? Glorious day, Mountain Goat Beer sold out by quarter time, VB by three-quarter. Can't remember much of the game due to chatting away with friends, not due to the effects of alcohol. Very brisk head wind cycling back into the city with a happy little bunch of cyclists. Just wish I didn't have a cold at the time, really suffering for it now...

>Originally posted by cfsmtb
>BTW, did anyone ride down to the RRR Community Cup

Thought about it, but then it was a <shh> footy </shh> game
wasn't it? so I decided I should finish some dvd mastering for a mate and ride the 1:20 instead ;-)

>Just wish I didn't have a cold at the time, really suffering for
>it now...

Isn't this the stage where you move from beer to whisky?

hippy
"may or may not have indulged in a few too many Coopers
and some dodgy karaoke on Saturday night.."

Originally posted by hippy
Isn't this the stage where you move from beer to whisky?
hippy

Actually, to paraphrase that quote,

"Isn't this the age where you move from beer to whisky?

Or Sweet Sherry.:D

Originally posted by cfsmtb
Actually, to paraphrase that quote,

"Isn't this the age where you move from beer to whisky?

Or Sweet Sherry.:D

blllaaaarrrgghhh!

good only for chain-cleaning

Originally posted by flyingdutch
blllaaaarrrgghhh!
good only for chain-cleaning

You'd punish your poor bike with sherry? Evil evil man! ;-)

hippy

Originally posted by hippy
You'd punish your poor bike with sherry? Evil evil man! ;-)

hippy

the way my running gear is going, I'll try anything once!

Do you use one of them chain-cleaning-cage-with little-brushes-on-wheels- gizmoes?

as Mr Palin said... "Wozzit loike?"

>Originally posted by flyingdutch
>Do you use one of them chain-cleaning-cage-with little-brushes->on-wheels- gizmoes?

hahaha cleaning? what's that? I ride the SS so much because I
don't care about the driveline parts.. I'll swap 'em when dead. :)

The road bike (ridden yesterday for the 1st time in months!) I'll
clean if it gets noisy or after a messy ride.

I usually use that chain prep stuff that I can't remember the name of (small white bottle, metal cleaning agent?) . I might
wipe or toothbrush the chain and cassette clean and then use
more of this cleaner/lube, spray on WD40 or apply light coat of
oil. It depends on which bottle I've left lying near where I'm working on the bike.

I'm a very poor chain maintainer.. don't do what I do! :)

hippy

Originally posted by flyingdutch
Ah, yes. more OT, but you reminded me of the SS. must get back on that...

It might be off topic but at least it's about bikes and it's in a
silly thread anyway..

Do you ride your ss much?
Didn't you have a massive gear on it initially?

My fixie is sitting 'legs up in the air' waiting for me to get hold of
more chain so that the rear wheel will actually sit in the dropouts.
I'd say have a look at thehippy.net/nucleus/ but my host appears
to be 'out to lunch' :S

My SS has two different pedals on it today. One of the "flat/SPD"
pedals had a loose mounting plate so I took if off and superglued
it.
To let the glue dry I fitted one of the track bike's SPD pedals (which used to be on my Avanti MTB..).

hippy

/www.cyclingnews.com/teamtech04.php?id=tech/2004/probikes/t-
mobile_giant

> "I want some of those tyres!"

The wife's got them on her new Cinelli. They're Conti GP
3000's, and they certainly turn heads (especially with her
matching pink SSM Aero saddle).

If you're serious, Ray at Mascot Cycles in Richmond should
be able to get you some.

Craigster.

Originally posted by hippy
It might be off topic but at least it's about bikes and it's in a
silly thread anyway..

Do you ride your ss much?
Didn't you have a massive gear on it initially?

hippy

So you wearing 2 different shoes? ;)

I 'only' rode the SS 4 times before cold/flu struck. Taken that42T off and a 38T now awaits, so 38x16 sounds similar to your 36x15, yeah?

>Originally posted by flyingdutch
>So you wearing 2 different shoes? ;)

Nah.. the benefits of sticking with a single pedal system shine
through. SPD all the way... until I get some SPD-SL's :)

>Taken that42T off and a 38T now awaits, so 38x16 sounds
>similar to your 36x15, yeah?

38/16 - 61.75" (unless I fscked up the calcs, assume 26" wheel)
32/15 - 55.47" (unless I fscked up the calcs, assume 26" wheel)
so you have a substantially bigger gear on.

hippy