Chain trouble

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Shawn, Mar 3, 2003.

  1. Shawn

    Shawn Guest

    Hi Guys,

    I have a problem that some of you may have experienced before. My chain slips sometimes when on the
    11 and 12 sprocket on the cassette.

    Any suggestions as to what is causing this?

    Shawn

    Tags:

  2. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Shawn wrote:
    > I have a problem that some of you may have experienced before. My chain slips sometimes when on
    > the 11 and 12 sprocket on the cassette.

    If chain skips but stay in gear, those two sprockets are probably worn out, or are more worn than
    the chain.

    Have you recently replaced chain or cassette?

    --
    ~PB FA: 62cm Ti frame: http://tinyurl.com/6stt

  3. Clogicrogerc

    Clogicrogerc Guest

    <<Any suggestions as to what is causing this?>>

    I had something similar when 2 links were fused together and did not flex - on smaller gears the
    resulting "big link" would slip on each rotation but not change gear.

    RC