Cheney : Shoots his, err, friend !?!?

stevebaby said:
Cheney broke a cardinal rule of firearms handling.Don't pull the trigger unless you are completely certain that you have a clear field of fire and cannot possibly endanger anyone else.It was cheney's responsibility to ensure that it was a safe shot.He's an irresponsible fool.

If you knew anything about firearms you would know that you don't use buckshot to shoot birds.
:D
I dont rememer reading anything about buckshot. And ya just cant drag Iraq into every single topic regarding Cheney. Takes the fun out of it.

Billsworld said:
I dont rememer reading anything about buckshot. And ya just cant drag Iraq into every single topic regarding Cheney. Takes the fun out of it.
Good job they were only shooting quail with dustshot instead of 6's.

FredC said:
Good job they were only shooting quail with dustshot instead of 6's.
Seems either would be ok for quail. I would use buckshot for lawers or liberals though

Billsworld said:
Seems either would be ok for quail. I would use buckshot for lawers or liberals though
I thought it should be rat shot for liberals/ACLU?
But you're probably right it takes a bit more lead for those pesky rodents.

They hunt foxes over here and the poor buggers have a bad reputation. What people don't realise is foxes have only moved to urban areas as we are foolishly destroying much of the countryside - necessary to wildlife.
Of course, foxes have to eat and they are predators.
Myself rather than shoot foxes, I feed them. Crushed chicken bones are appreciated.
I hope Cheney doesn't hunt foxes or wolves. :(

wolfix said:
I would think it wouldn't be a big deal. His hunting partner was a lawyer.
I wasn't a fan of Cheney's until I discoverd he was a quail hunter. I've pursued those tasty little things all over the midwest myself. I just read where he carries a 28 gauge. I wonder what kind of dog he was shooting over? I never met a man who hunted quail that I didn't like. Too bad I can't go out on the campaign trail for him.
From what Armstrong said that happened , the lawyer was to blame. He went in on the backside in pursuit of a dead bird with out telling the other group where he was. He broke the cardinal rule of bird hunters shooting over dogs.
The NRA is not a spokesman for hunters, but a spokesman for gun owners.

Felt_Rider said:
I reference all shooting and dog quustions to wolfix. I have said too much already:D

Billsworld said:

More damage with 6's. Not good. Better for bigger birds, and ground game.

Carrera said:
They hunt foxes over here and the poor buggers have a bad reputation. What people don't realise is foxes have only moved to urban areas as we are foolishly destroying much of the countryside - necessary to wildlife.
Of course, foxes have to eat and they are predators.
Myself rather than shoot foxes, I feed them. Crushed chicken bones are appreciated.
I hope Cheney doesn't hunt foxes or wolves. :(
Foxes are classed as vermin. Just look at the town foxes, scruffy things compared to their country cousins. They only moved into urban areas as they scavenge on food waste. They have the same problems in America with bears.
Got a gun licence have you?

When I was a wee kiddy, a fox made off with my pet rabbit. Today it happens more often and people talk about shooting the foxes and calling them pests.
The truth is foxes are predators and have to eat. What worries me more is the fact there is less countryside to accommodate foxes so they're moving into urban areas.
All in all, I find foxes quite striking creatures. Some species of fox are terrific to photograph.
But who knows I may move from admiring foxes to crocs like that Aussie guy on TV.

FredC said:
Foxes are classed as vermin. Just look at the town foxes, scruffy things compared to their country cousins. They only moved into urban areas as they scavenge on food waste. They have the same problems in America with bears.
Got a gun licence have you?

Carrera has also kept fish in the past - marine fish of all types, lionfish, damsels and clowns e.t.c.

Billsworld said:
Read cheapie's post.
"I don't remember..." the reperblican mantra.

Felt_Rider said:
Use rat shot.It won't do so much damage when you shoot yourself in the foot and your friends have a better chance of survival.

What is the big deal, it was an attorney he shot. Hell... the only restriction I can see is to have a bag limit of 5 per day as not to create an ammunition shortage and a run on hand guns.
We can put them all in one big hole.

Billsworld said:
Perhaps you should tell cheney...it was a reperblican lawyer that he shot.
cheney's lucky that he doesn't have to eat everything that he shoots.I can't imagine that an old republican lawyer would be very edible.Probably no more poisonous than a catfish though.
Here's hoping bush and cheney go hunting together sometime soon.

"GUNS DON'T SHOOT PEOPLE...THE VICE-PRESIDENT DOES!'
:D :D

one good thing for those of the bushite mantra persuasion, there are always many from which to choose:

"i have no recollection"

"i do not recall"

"i categoricaly deny"

"i've never made such comments"

"i had no role"

"there will be plenty of time to play the blame game"

"did i use drugs within the last seven years? no."

"there were no wrongdoings"

"we don't torture people in america"

stevebaby said:
Read cheapie's post.
"I don't remember..." the reperblican mantra.

lyotard said:
one good thing for those of the bushite mantra persuasion, there are always many from which to choose:

"i have no recollection"

"i do not recall"

"i categoricaly deny"

"i've never made such comments"

"i had no role"

"there will be plenty of time to play the blame game"

"did i use drugs within the last seven years? no."

"there were no wrongdoings"

"we don't torture people in america"
And where was dubya when he was supposed to be on duty with the air national guard?
He doesn't remember!