Chocolate Milk Commercial (dh madness)?

Paladin

Guest
I rarely watch tv, but yesterday saw this guy on a commercial ripping down a downhill, do a
respectable huck, gain speed on a really steep loose descent, then endos, hits *hard*, slides
a ways, and then he opens his camelback and pulls out a plastic chocolate milk bottle and
takes a drink.

Anybody else see this one? For that matter, Busch Lite had a really cool mtb commercial on a
couple months back, too. (As if we'd drink that generic, mass-produced horse pi$$), but hey, the
riding was cool.

btw, got on a spin bike during our V's-day getaway at the hotel. Spinning still sucks.

paladin pretty sad when tv's the closest I get to riding this winter.

On 17 Feb 2004 12:48:55 -0800, Paladin wrote:

> btw, got on a spin bike during our V's-day getaway at the hotel.

What a romantic guy. ;-)

At least I waited until Sunday to ride (it was raining on v-day anyway).

On 17 Feb 2004 12:48:55 -0800, [email protected] (Paladin) wrote:

>I rarely watch tv, but yesterday saw this guy on a commercial ripping down a downhill, do a
>respectable huck, gain speed on a really steep loose descent, then endos, hits *hard*, slides
>a ways, and then he opens his camelback and pulls out a plastic chocolate milk bottle and
>takes a drink.

kind of like the MT Dew commercials...but with chocolate milk? hmmmmm?

>Anybody else see this one? For that matter, Busch Lite had a really cool mtb commercial on a couple
>months back, too. (As if we'd drink that generic, mass-produced horse pi$$), but hey, the riding
>was cool.

nope

>btw, got on a spin bike during our V's-day getaway at the hotel. Spinning still sucks.

hmmmmmm?

>paladin pretty sad when tv's the closest I get to riding this winter.

just get out and ride, bill

Stop Dave from humping, send money to have him/her spayed or nuetered.

"Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I rarely watch tv, but yesterday saw this guy on a commercial ripping down a downhill, do a
> respectable huck, gain speed on a really steep loose descent, then endos, hits *hard*, slides
> a ways, and then he opens his camelback and pulls out a plastic chocolate milk bottle and
> takes a drink.
>
> Anybody else see this one? For that matter, Busch Lite had a really cool mtb commercial on a
> couple months back, too. (As if we'd drink that generic, mass-produced horse pi$$), but hey, the
> riding was cool.
>
> btw, got on a spin bike during our V's-day getaway at the hotel. Spinning still sucks.
>
> paladin pretty sad when tv's the closest I get to riding this winter.
The only reason that I don't live in the Northwest. It is nice to be able to ride all year long.
Even though this year it just ain't the case.

TJ

www.gvii.net/hundtoft

Sure is sorry that tv is the closest you get to ride in winter.

I MTB 2004

Paladin wrote:
> paladin pretty sad when tv's the closest I get to riding this winter.

I understand, we've had a bunch of snow here all winter, and pretty cold too. I just don't have the
time to make a trek south or west where the trails are open, so I've had to road ride all winter. It
may be the Fruita Fat Tire Festival before I get much dirt time.
--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove ".nospam" to reply)

"TJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<EkBYb.211257$U%5.1203913@attbi_s03>...
> "Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > paladin pretty sad when tv's the closest I get to riding this winter.
> The only reason that I don't live in the Northwest. It is nice to be able to ride all year long.
> Even though this year it just ain't the case.
>
> TJ
>
> www.gvii.net/hundtoft

This is the most intense winter we've had in about 14yrs. Just when we had 4 or 5 dry days in a row,
and the trails were frozen and I thought I could ride, it warmed up and rained. Now its 50 degF, but
sloppy. Gonna have to put on gore-tex hat and go running.

I haven't even seen the usual suspects, roadies, commuters, dui riders. Nobody's riding this winter.

paladin

[email protected] (Paladin) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I rarely watch tv, but yesterday saw this guy on a commercial ripping down a downhill, do a
> respectable huck, gain speed on a really steep loose descent, then endos, hits *hard*, slides
> a ways, and then he opens his camelback and pulls out a plastic chocolate milk bottle and
> takes a drink.

I was dismayed when I saw it. Dewbishness on parade.

> Anybody else see this one? For that matter, Busch Lite had a really cool mtb commercial on a
> couple months back, too. (As if we'd drink that generic, mass-produced horse pi$$), but hey, the
> riding was cool.

Heh.

> btw, got on a spin bike during our V's-day getaway at the hotel. Spinning still sucks.

I know there's a joke in here somewhere...

Sorni! You got this one?

> pretty sad when tv's the closest I get to riding this winter.

Damn, don't I know it. Even the fire/logging roads are snowy/icy. And ice sucks to ride on without
some sort of studs, and I ain't poppin' for $50 tires. Each. I got bike withdrawls bad, but if
this rain keeps up, and melts the snow, I'll at least get to ride the logging roads. The trails
round here drain really well, but they need a couple of dry days to firm up so that bikes don't
dork 'em up.

The damn bike has been maintained within an inch of it's life - stop me before I buy something CF or
Ti for it...
--
Jonesy

"TJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<EkBYb.211257$U%5.1203913@attbi_s03>...
> "Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I rarely watch tv, but yesterday saw this guy on a commercial ripping down a downhill, do a
> > respectable huck, gain speed on a really steep loose descent, then endos, hits *hard*, slides a
> > ways, and then he opens his camelback and pulls out a plastic chocolate milk bottle and takes a
> > drink.
> >
> > Anybody else see this one? For that matter, Busch Lite had a really cool mtb commercial on a
> > couple months back, too. (As if we'd drink that generic, mass-produced horse pi$$), but hey, the
> > riding was cool.
> >
> > btw, got on a spin bike during our V's-day getaway at the hotel. Spinning still sucks.
> >
> > paladin

> > pretty sad when tv's the closest I get to riding this winter.
> The only reason that I don't live in the Northwest. It is nice to be able to ride all year long.
> Even though this year it just ain't the case.

Mohab is only 100 miles away, TJ.

JD

[email protected] (Jonesy) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Paladin) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...

<snip>

> Damn, don't I know it. Even the fire/logging roads are snowy/icy. And ice sucks to ride on without
> some sort of studs, and I ain't poppin' for $50 tires. Each.

I don't remember if this has been covered here but .... DIY snow/ice tires:

Get:
1) a box of generic ~6mm to 8mm pan head screws, the kind that hardware stores sell by the 100 count
box and model railroader type use to secure marklin track.

2) A set of old tire liners or a couple of old thorn resistant tubes.

3) ShoeGoo Or Fast Tack.

4) A pair of worn, but not worn out tires.

You know what to do. Use an awl or small nail to punch a hole through the blocks in the tread. Run
the screws from the inside out. Cover the heads with a layer of glue, and then lay down the tire
liner over the glue. Instant ice tires for ~10 bucks, assuming you have the tire liners and used
tires to start with.

You only want the screws to stick out 1mm to 2mm. As the screws wear out you can pull up the liner
and replace them. You can also try different paterns to see how it changes the handling.

Yep,

Seen the comercial once. Pretty funny considering it would be foolish to carry any dairy product in
your pack when doing anything outdoors for any length of time.

Bleach , give me water , juice or Gatoraid over milk any day during or after riding .