I live in the country so country riding is the only way I ride, though I have ridden in the city before. When riding in a group in the city, I will back off one bike length because I never know what emergency will crop up and cause the whole group to have to brake. I just wait until we clear the major thoroughfares before I move closer to the bike in front of me.

I live in the country and there is nothing better than riding on that first warm spring day just after the fields have been manured. Reminds me of 1983 Chateau Beaucastel.

I'd much rather cycle in the countryside. So much more peaceful, and you don't have to really worry about so many cars.

I'd much rather cycle in the countryside. So much more peaceful, and you don't have to really worry about so many cars.

When we moved in this village in 2001, that's what I felt - so few vehicles, wide and paved roads. Gee, it's a paradise for bikers. But lo and behold when my first Monday there showed me the vehicles crowding the roads inside the village on their way out and into the city. In fairness, this suburban place is near the cycling haven which has steep climbs and zigzag roads where a biker can test his strength.

Cars are terrible when riding a bike, but it's doable. Once I was riding my bike close to a red light and this guy opened the door of the car out of the blue, totally insane...

I live in the country too, but I've never rode in the city. I'd probably only ride through towns once though. I'm partial to the countryside.

I can't relax riding in the city because I am always looking for cars pulling out, right hooks, left crosses, and pedestrians walking into me. Let's not forget the red lights, drug dealers, prostitutes, and large groups loitering around. Cars honking at you. Overall, riding in the city is unpleasant.

The only downside to the country is "Bubba" laughing at me as he rolls coal on me once in a blue moon.

I live in the country too, but I've never rode in the city. I'd probably only ride through towns once though. I'm partial to the countryside.

You never rode in the city Regalia? My wife is from the countryside too and she is fearful to ride in the middle of the traffic, even if she is living here for many years now.

Yep, never. I don't ride in traffic either. So, I would be wary too. I would need someone with me or a few people with me.

Obviously, the majority of folks are going to ride where they are unencumbered. Riding through the countryside is wonderful. But there is something to be said for riding in SOME cities. Stopping at coffee shops, restaurants and parks can be very nice. Some cities are off the hook with insane traffic though.

Yep, never. I don't ride in traffic either. So, I would be wary too. I would need someone with me or a few people with me.

It's a mental thing. I go with my small kids everywhere, but when the wife is with us we cannot go, so it's not really a matter of real danger, but of fear.

This one would certainly have to depend on what kind of mood I was in. I think that overall I would like to ride in the country more often, but I can see some times when riding in the city might just invigorate me a little more and get me going. Sometimes I want to see trees and hills, sometimes I like to see people and buildings. I do live in a place more suitable for the countryside though, so I get that more.

For me riding in the city is not particularly engaging, I do it more for commuting. I prefer to go outside even if it's more kilometers.

I have only cycled in the "country" once, because I was going to an event that happened to be hosted at a winery. (not an alcohol related event though) It was an incredibly beautiful and rewarding ride, and I would not hesitate to do it again, however it was also probably the most difficult ride I have ever done, and it was only 3.5 miles, but 3 uphill with no breaks. I actually had to stop and walk a few yards because my legs got to the point where they couldn't continue to do the same motion without a rest. Riding in town where I live is usually much easier, though there are some intense hills, they are usually short.

Yeah, I mostly commute in the city these days or go for a ride, but years ago I used to do long rides and spent quite a few hours in the countryside.

If I am looking for nature's contact,then countryside is my choice. Otherwise I stick to public parks and alleyways.

I prefer riding in the CBD of a city. I like mixing with the traffic, although it can get nerve racking with buses. I take a full lane unless i'm letting faster moving traffic overtake. I wait in the queue at the lights and can mostly keep up with traffic when it is moving freely.

Not so keen on riding in the suburbs. I do a bit of touring in the countryside, but at 58 I just get too tired on long rides- 100 kms (60 miles) is about my limit. I enjoy arriving at my destination much more than the hot sweaty ride.

Cycling on the road less traveled is always the better choice. On the countryside there's fresh air, great views of nature, less cars to watch out for, and above all, you can have all the freedom you want there. Cycling around the city, well, you would have to watch out for drivers who are too busy with their phones to see you, you have to worry about the smoke from the vehicles reaching your lungs, and worst of all, just generic buildings, as a view. I think the choice is clear.

I do commute everyday, what can be called here as a city cycling, and I also enjoy using my bike in the weekends to go to nearby cities trough some trails and so on. So I may say I do both! Luck me, right?

I prefer riding in the country, or even better off road in the woods :)

I live near Gornje Podunavlje Special Nature Reserve, there is some of my favorite routes (part of Danube i Eurovelo 6 route), and is really something special just to ride through woods full of dears, wild boars, coyotes, foxes... and listening to some great music :)

10460241_10205048436911011_7064532243740363442_n.jpg

1512773_10205091323903159_9206485534902649093_n.jpg

11174951_10206572692816456_5801560781633516114_n.jpg

Sorry for long post :D