Clydesdale road bike finally finished

vjbknife

Oct 15, 2010
Well it has been really problematic getting on the road with this build project. I started out with a Salsa Pistola Frameset and it had a problem with the rear brake bridge being positioned too high so I had to send it back to them and was not able to get a replacement because it was discontinued. I went back to the drawing board and decided to go with a Lynskey Sportive Titanium frame. Lynskey was very nice to deal with but they did not have a fork in stock until next month. Rather than wait for the stock Bontrager fork I sourced a Ritchey comp carbon fork and rebuilt. Luckily the wheels did not have to be built again so the rest of the build went pretty smooth the second time around. Here it is:

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)] [/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)][/COLOR]

Sweet ride nicely appointed. I like the clover detail in the drop out thats pretty slick.

A very nice bike.

I always like a well finished ride that looks classy and still has a primary goal of function rather than fashion. You should get many happy miles from that bike.

One little hint with the Dura Ace stuff - given the extreme cost of Dura Ace chainrings and sprockets (if you have a 7900 cassette), change the chain out at least once a year. Sure, it's a $60 chain but that's also a $400+ chainring and a $200+ cassette. You can buy a lot of chains over the years for that much - even the Ultegra chains are great. Apart from that, the stuff is bombproof and will probably see you well into the next decade (and I do mean 2020's)

I am pretty good at keeping the drive train clean but I also monitor chain wear. And I agree that chain replacement is better than sprocket replacement. Luckily I work as a mechanic at a bike shop, so I have this under control. Thanks for the info though.

Originally Posted by CDA 455 .

Sweet ride!

What are the specs./dimensions?

What does it weigh?
The Lynskey Titanium frame is the large size and I installed a Ritchey Comp Carbon fork. It weighs 20.08 lbs. I think a lot of the weight is due to the wheels and tires. The drivetrain, brakes and hubs are all 7900 Dura Ace. Head set Cane Creek 110. BB Stainless Steel by Phil Wood. Pedals are Dura Ace 7810 Alloy rather than the newer 7900 Carbon models. FSA Bars and Stem. Fizik gel padded tape wrap. Thomson Elite Seatpost with Specialized Saddle that I already had but I may replace it later on as well as the computer. Tires are Michelin Pro 3 Race with Michelin Aircomp Latex tubes. Wheels are DT Swiss TK540 with 36 x DT Swiss Stainless Comp 2.0/1.8 butted spokes and brass nipples that I laced and the Master Tech at my store finished. I installed and tuned everything else. I think thats about it.

I have about fifty miles on it now and am still getting used to it, but it seems to ride pretty nicely.

The dimensions are:

SPORTIVE FRAME
Large HEAD TUBE ANGLE 72.5 SEAT TUBE ANGLE 73 TOP TUBE LENGTH : EFFECTIVE 55.5 HEAD TUBE LENGTH 15 CHAIN STAY LENGTH 42.5 SEAT TUBE LENGTH 54 FORK RAKE 43mm
Thanks.

Regards, Vince

Beautiful ! I have a Litespeed Classic that i am converting into my "Clydesdale bike" as well . I am now trying to source a new fork, as i cut the original Ouzo Pro flush with the top of the stem with no spacers eons ago ----- 50 pounds later, i need a bit more vertical adjustability (read- breathing room for my belly)

Only reason i mentioned it is my Litespeed is from the Lynskey era and is very similar in appearance to yours (except the cloverleafs of course)

Enjoy it !