Colnago 50th Anniversary Bike

Jaguar27

Sep 19, 2003
I paid our LBS a visit today to buy some Tires and see my mate, the owner, Marcel Calborn, he had a Colnago 50th anniversary there, probably the most stunnning bike I've ever seen...absolutely amazing...has anyone else ever seen one in real life? I think it was around $9K.

The Frame, wheels and even water bottle cages are all done in the same Carbon weave....

Out of 200 headed for the US, Marcel has sold 22 of them...

:rolleyes: < This is me dreaming.

I ordered a 50th anniversary from Brittan,s bikes in San Antonio and 4 months later I received it. They were imported to the U.S. by size so I had to wait for a 60cm. I ordered the bike with the Campy record group as I felt an Italian bike should have Italian components (yes I know that DA is equal but it is my own bias). It was well worth the wait. The simple natural weave throughout makes the bike absolutely stunning in the sun. As far as the ride goes, I sold my C40 to buy it and do not regret that decision. It is an absolutely great ride. That was my first experience with the Cinelli Ram bars and fortunately they were a perfect fit as they are fixed and not adjustable. It also is a great feeling not to see one on every ride.
Bottom line: If you are a fan of Colnago, then this is the bike to have. I have had 7 different model Colnagos over the years (yes I am somewhat of a collector) and while some have been beautiful (paint) and others stunning (C35) the 50th anniversary was a home run. :eek: