Congrats to Hippy

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]
> B.T. Wrote:
> > Well done on the big win!!
> > http://tinyurl.com/3rcgg

> Way-to-go-maaaaate!

Cheers!

> so does that mean you won overall?

Nup, I think it was Kevin Tankard that got overall. He
won the ITT. I won the road race. Next time I'll
be going harder in the ITT and I'll carry more water
and not be on the **** the night before, and, and.. :)

> were the 2 results combined for an overall result?

Yep, some kind of points system.

> Have people in Mildura not heard of wheelsuckin???

As if they could hold my wheel.. sheesh man! ;-)
We were doing TT turns in a bunch of 4-8 riders during
most of the race until I jumped from the bunch of 4 with
50m(?) to go.

> FD-off to be humiliated at Kew crit at 6pm
> http://hawthorncycling.org/news/news.asp#143

Good luck!

hippy

DaveB said:
Shouldn't that be 6:45 :)

Is that weekly now, the web site only states this is the first one??

DaveB

hahaha!
6:45 for A/B and 6pm for C/D'ers loike me!
(if only they had 'E' :rolleyes: )
weekly and breaks for xmas etc and restarts again in Feb i think.
I discovered em earlier this year and did the last 3

hippy said:
Nup, I think it was Kevin Tankard that got overall. He
won the ITT. I won the road race. Next time I'll
be going harder in the ITT and I'll carry more water
and not be on the **** the night before, and, and.. :)

"Mildura's "Spring Tour" requires a top effort in the 16km time trial and a placing in the top ten in the 48km handicap road race for any rider to earn the privilege of their name being engraved on the L & V Westcott shield, appropriately adorned with a Campagnolo chain ring."

probably just as well you 'held back' in the ITT. you woulda been worthy of having your name engraved on a shield beside a Campag ring :D "

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]
> "Mildura's "Spring Tour" requires a top effort in the 16km time trial
> and a placing in the top ten in the 48km handicap road race for any
> rider to earn the privilege of their name being engraved on the L & V
> Westcott shield, appropriately adorned with a Campagnolo chain ring."
>
> probably just as well you 'held back' in the ITT. you woulda been
> worthy of having your name engraved on a shield beside a Campag ring :D

hehe yeah that's the 'real' reason I held off in the TT..
Wouldn't want my Big-S loving name tainted with
Camspagnolo :p

hippy

hippy said:
"flyingdutch" <[email protected]
> "Mildura's "Spring Tour" requires a top effort in the 16km time trial
> and a placing in the top ten in the 48km handicap road race for any
> rider to earn the privilege of their name being engraved on the L & V
> Westcott shield, appropriately adorned with a Campagnolo chain ring."
>
> probably just as well you 'held back' in the ITT. you woulda been
> worthy of having your name engraved on a shield beside a Campag ring :D

hehe yeah that's the 'real' reason I held off in the TT..
Wouldn't want my Big-S loving name tainted with
Camspagnolo :p

hippy

Super effort, absolutely well done - when did you decide to go up to Mildura to race though?

Ritch

"ritcho" <[email protected]
> Super effort, absolutely well done - when did you decide to go up to
> Mildura to race though?

I got sick of Melbourne weather last week.. ;-)

I had planned to head up there for the long w/e a
while back. It wasn't until a couple of days before
leaving that I contacted the club to see if there was
a race on. There was. I raced. :)

hippy

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 at 04:34 GMT, hippy (aka Bruce)
> "ritcho" <[email protected]
>> Super effort, absolutely well done - when did you decide to go up to
>> Mildura to race though?

> I got sick of Melbourne weather last week.. ;-)

I'm going to have such a problem on the GVBR. I woosed out riding this
weekend, because it was too "hot". 24 on Sat, 28 on Sun.

Damn those northern European genes.

double value; /* or your money back! */
short changed; /* so triple your money back! */
-- Larry Wall in cons.c from the perl source code

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> B.T. Wrote:
> > Well done on the big win!!
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/3rcgg

> Way-to-go-maaaaate!
>
> so does that mean you won overall? were the 2 results combined for an
> overall result?
> Have people in Mildura not heard of wheelsuckin???
>
> FD-off to be humiliated at Kew crit at 6pm
> http://hawthorncycling.org/news/news.asp#143
> > --

> flyingdutch

So Dutch.....If I join Cycling Aust through the Defence Membership, does
that mean I can race at club races for just the $5 entry fee??

I am pretty keen to have a crack at a crit as although I don't rate myself
as a sprinter, I reckon it would be a lot of fun. Maybe we could tee
something up and I could lead out for ya or something (I have been told that
I punch a reasonably large hole in the wind??)

Ride On,

Gags

"jazmo" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> B.T. Wrote:
> > Well done on the big win!!
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/3rcgg

> Hey! Well done hipster!
>

> --
> jazmo

Congratulations Hippy!

We'll expect similar results from the Hip led "Miscellaneous Miscreants".

Parbs

"TimC" <[email protected]
> > hippy spakethsius thusiusisusisus
> > I got sick of Melbourne weather last week.. ;-)

> I'm going to have such a problem on the GVBR. I woosed out riding this
> weekend, because it was too "hot". 24 on Sat, 28 on Sun.

You are sick man! Sick or evil? They're temps in my
place at night! I will admit that racing in 30deg+ heat
is a bit more taxing but there's nothing better than
40degs beating down, the dry air, the tar that will
melt your tyres if you stop, the hallucinations, turning
into a zombie because you ran out of water with 20k
to home but refused to fill a bottle because you're a
stubborn *****, knowing you are sweating more than
you could possibly 'drink' in a whole day, searching
for houses with over-shooting sprinklers to ride under,
drinking a 1.25L bottle of softdrink before even making
the supermarket checkout...

hippy
"40+ ain't no fuss!"

"Parbs" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Congratulations Hippy!
> We'll expect similar results from the Hip led "Miscellaneous Miscreants".

hehehe.. wishful thinking mate! wishful thinking..
my big, bad legs turn into dead weights when I
have to make them go 'up'. The hipsta doesn't
travel too well over dirt either. Hopefully the
others will carry me.. right bici-soiler? right? :)

hippy

Gags said:
So Dutch.....If I join Cycling Aust through the Defence Membership, does
that mean I can race at club races for just the $5 entry fee??

I am pretty keen to have a crack at a crit as although I don't rate myself
as a sprinter, I reckon it would be a lot of fun. Maybe we could tee
something up and I could lead out for ya or something (I have been told that
I punch a reasonably large hole in the wind??)

Ride On,

Gags

I guess so. people from all over show up and ride for the $5.
You lead me out and I'll pay yer $5 up front! :D
race report to follow. pretty embarrassing :(