Couldn't Rock Racing just have started MSR anyway?

thecyclist

Aug 30, 2006
I mean we have now seen that the UCI dosn't really have any power. What were they going to do? Run out there and block the road for Cippolini and Rock Racing?

thecyclist said:
I mean we have now seen that the UCI dosn't really have any power. What were they going to do? Run out there and block the road for Cippolini and Rock Racing?
I would like to see them in the race just for great comedy. It gives a lot of great material for message boards.

Let Crock racing ride.

thecyclist said:
Were they invited?

FCI (the Italian Federation) and RCS work relatively well together. They all have issues with UCI. If the former two decided to invite Rock Racing, there is not much UCI could do. But have they?

The last entry to MSR was given to Miche-Silver Cross. A last minute entry if you will. Leaving out Aqua Sapone/ Cafe Mukambo as well as naturally Rock Racing.
Powerful Pete said:
FCI (the Italian Federation) and RCS work relatively well together. They all have issues with UCI. If the former two decided to invite Rock Racing, there is not much UCI could do. But have they?

ilpirata said:
The last entry to MSR was given to Miche-Silver Cross. A last minute entry if you will. Leaving out Aqua Sapone/ Cafe Mukambo as well as naturally Rock Racing.
Aha, had missed that, grazie.

I got the impression that Cippolini had it all worked out except for the problem with the UCI.