thanks

Gary

--
Visit our website at www.justjents.co.uk

"geepeetee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi
>
> Can anyone tell me the size and thread type used for the crank bolts on
> shimano sealed bottom brackets. I have tried a standard thread 8mm but

that
> doesnt fit.
>
> Also on V brakes should the pads toe in or out and by how much.

Most likely Metric Fine, M8 x 1.0
Most common bolts will be M8 x 1.25 (where 1.25 is the thread pitch).

Toe the pads in toward the front of the bike. Imagine, if you will, the
front edge gripping and pulling the pad forward as the wheel rotates so its
whole face comes into contact with the rim, sort of self energising.
If the back of the pad contacts first it will get dragged in such a manner
that the mating surface lessens so the pad releases and springs back to be
dragged forward again until it starts oscillating and squeals.

--
Pete
http://uk.geocities.com/[email protected]/Stuff

geepeetee wrote:
> Can anyone tell me the size and thread type used for the crank bolts
> on shimano sealed bottom brackets. I have tried a standard thread
> 8mm but that doesnt fit.

8 x 1mm. Try eBay.

> Also on V brakes should the pads toe in or out and by how much.

Toe in, by as much as you want, or parallel if you prefer. Not out.

~PB