CRASH! It's not worth $6,000 any more :-(

Mike Kruger wrote:
> "Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >
> > Buy cast iron cookware so she can't throw it as far.

> That's bad thinking. Trust me - buy aluminum.

Trust me- think either paper plates and a microwave or eating out.
The first protects you more than either cast iron or aluminum. The
second protects you better than anything I know.
Except maybe flowers and jewelry.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

"Bob" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mike Kruger wrote:
>> "Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Buy cast iron cookware so she can't throw it as far.

>> That's bad thinking. Trust me - buy aluminum.

>Trust me- think either paper plates and a microwave or eating out.
>The first protects you more than either cast iron or aluminum. The
>second protects you better than anything I know.

Yeah, those styrofoam containers are hard to throw..

>Except maybe flowers and jewelry.

. . .and fast reflexes.
--
zk

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:54:04 -0800,
<[email protected]>,
"Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> wrote:

>It can't be bigger than the schnozz of that guy with the good looking
>legs--what was his name? Rick Onanian? He doesn't seem to hang out here any
>more.

Yeah, and the blackrose with her teenaged team and new road bike.

Hopefully they're too busy riding.
--
zk

Zoot Katz wrote:
> "Bob" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Mike Kruger wrote:

>>> That's bad thinking. Trust me - buy aluminum.

>> Trust me- think either paper plates and a microwave or eating out.
>> The first protects you more than either cast iron or aluminum. The
>> second protects you better than anything I know.

> Yeah, those styrofoam containers are hard to throw.

Oh, THAT kind of eating out. Guess you could take it that way, too...

Claire Petersky wrote:

> "Neil Brooks" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

>>You know . . . I sneezed out part of a white decal that read "oots"
>>this morning, so I have no idea what else might be in there . . . and
>>with my Eastern European lineage . . . there's all kinds of room.

> It can't be bigger than the schnozz of that guy with the good looking
> legs--what was his name? Rick Onanian? He doesn't seem to hang out here any
> more.

See
<http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.tech/msg/e127b3b67433d6ce?dmode=source>.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Downstate Illinois, North of Forgottonia)

"S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Oh, THAT kind of eating out. Guess you could take it that way, too...

Go to your room, Bill. Your mother and I will deal with you
shortly....

S o r n i wrote:
> Mike Latondresse wrote:
> > "S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> Bill "#2 was good with pots 'n pans" S.

> > Mine too, we should get together sometime and compare scars.

> Actually, to be fair, she only RATTLED 'em extremely loudly.
>
> Only things I recall her /throwing/ at me were flowers I'd bought her

that
> weren't up to her standards.
>
> Good times...
>
> Bill "still a little nervous around daisies (and knives)" S.

This is very one sided....I would love to read posts from the ex's of
you guys. I'm sure they could tell some great stories. I'm married to
a hot tempered sicilian. You don't throw pots at them, if you value
your life.
All good things,
Maggie

Zoot Katz <[email protected]> wrote:
> Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:54:04 -0800,
> <[email protected]>,
> "Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>It can't be bigger than the schnozz of that guy with the good looking
>>legs--what was his name? Rick Onanian? He doesn't seem to hang out here any
>>more.

> Yeah, and the blackrose with her teenaged team and new road bike.
>
> Hopefully they're too busy riding.

I'm kind of curious about whatever happened to Eldridge. I know he
got into cycling for weight loss, but I think he was enjoying the
activity for it's own sake.

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
Take your dying with some seriousness, however. Laughing on the way to

Bob <[email protected]> wrote:

>> But the Moots, I'm afraid, is now *far* from new. I've always known
>> that *things are just things*, but the novelty of this bike had
>> anything but worn off. It was too young. Our time together too

> We all feel for you, Neil. Hope you (and the bike) are soon as good as
> new.

Okay, I'll be the one to state the obvious: the cager is liable for
the damage to the bike, whether it needs repairs or replacement.

[email protected] wrote:
> Bob <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>> But the Moots, I'm afraid, is now *far* from new. I've always known
>>> that *things are just things*, but the novelty of this bike had
>>> anything but worn off. It was too young. Our time together too

>> We all feel for you, Neil. Hope you (and the bike) are soon as good
>> as new.

> Okay, I'll be the one to state the obvious: the cager is liable
> for the damage to the bike, whether it needs repairs or replacement.

Okay, I'll be the one to state the obvious: you're about six weeks late.

Bill Sornson <[email protected]> wrote:

> Okay, I'll be the one to state the obvious: you're about six weeks late.

Yep. Pushed a wrong key somewhere, and my host posted a suspended
message. Oops. Blush. Shrink. Grovel. Please forgive me. I'll never
do it again until next time.

[email protected] wrote:
> Bill Sornson <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Okay, I'll be the one to state the obvious: you're about six weeks
>> late.

> Yep. Pushed a wrong key somewhere, and my host posted a suspended
> message. Oops. Blush. Shrink. Grovel. Please forgive me. I'll
> never do it again until next time.

Six weeks from today I will offer absolution.

:p

Bill Sornson <[email protected]> wrote:

> Six weeks from today I will offer absolution.

I'll be waiting with baited breath, which would really impress you if
you knew how much I hate the taste of worms...

Bill

| Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, |
| and I'm not sure about the former. |
| -Albert Einstein |

Wed, 25 May 2005 03:40:07 +0000 (UTC),
<[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:

>Bill Sornson <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Six weeks from today I will offer absolution.

> I'll be waiting with baited breath, which would really impress you if
>you knew how much I hate the taste of worms...
>

>Bill

>| Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, |
>| and I'm not sure about the former. |
>| -Albert Einstein |

Spit out the worms. It's "bated breathe", Einstein.

"Bated" is a contraction of "abated" through loss of the unstressed
first vowe.l (a process called aphesis)

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-bai1.htm
--
zk

> Bill Sornson <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Six weeks from today I will offer absolution.

> I'll be waiting with baited breath, which would really impress you if
> you knew how much I hate the taste of worms...

I have a couple cans of cooked and seasoned silkworm pupae if you'd like
to add a little variety. mmmmm....

..max

Zoot Katz <[email protected]> wrote:

> Spit out the worms. It's "bated breathe", Einstein.

Okay, it's bated breathe. Thanke youe verye muche. Bute ite seemse
toe mee thate ine youre wreckless (yeae, Ie knowe) rushe toe poste youre
replye, youe forgote toe noticee thate Ie wase makinge ae jokee.
Considere yourselfe PUNishede.

Bill

| I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect. |
| Therefore I am perfect. |