crock pot recipes

Ria

Guest
Does anyone have any good crock pot recipes that aren't soup? I love
cooking with a crock pot but I don't really have any other recipes but
soup.

Ria wrote:
> Does anyone have any good crock pot recipes that aren't soup? I love
> cooking with a crock pot but I don't really have any other recipes but
> soup.

Do they have crock pots in Europe? Maybe you could get crockpot
recipes from Europe. -aem

Ria wrote:
> Does anyone have any good crock pot recipes that aren't soup? I love
> cooking with a crock pot but I don't really have any other recipes but
> soup.

When I first got my crockpot, and because the topic was not current
here, I just went to Google and typed in crockpot+recipes to find over
1500 onine places to look through. Each recipe I tried was at least
okay, to being extremely good. This link of same may work, otherwise
just use the plus sign to try and Google for it yourself:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=crockpot+recipes

PickyPicks

Ria wrote:
> Does anyone have any good crock pot recipes that aren't soup? I love
> cooking with a crock pot but I don't really have any other recipes but
> soup.

When I first got my crockpot, and because the topic was not current
here, I just went to Google and typed in crockpot+recipes to find over
1500 onine places to look through. Each recipe I tried was at least
okay, to being extremely good. This link of same may work, otherwise
just use the plus sign to try and Google for it yourself:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=crockpot+recipes

PickyPicks

I have just run across a website About.com and I get recipe suggestions
via e-mail. Got one today for crock pot bread pudding and it sounded
really good. Try this website, I've gotten some pretty good recipes
this way. Let me know what you think.

I have just run across a website About.com and I get recipe suggestions
via e-mail. Got one today for crock pot bread pudding and it sounded
really good. Try this website, I've gotten some pretty good recipes
this way. Let me know what you think.

Hi Ria,

Awesome :) I love my crockpot!

You can make chili or stews in them, or even roast beef - I would
suggest the Company's Coming Slow-Cooker book as well. Slow cooker
roast beef is so good - basically it's onions, beef broth, and a roast.
I usually use this combo for stews: potatoes, carrots, mushrooms,
onions, meat, green peppers and beef/chicken broth or canned tomatoes.

You can also convert non-crockpot recipes for the crockpot. The trick
is to learn how much water to use. We have a 2.5 qt crockpot and I
rarely add more than a cup of liquid to it. For example, I slow-cooked
a "gem" ham and cabbage together; there is slow-cooker lasanga,
although I haven't tried it; and if you feel up to it, you can make a
litres of cider or hot chocolate as well :)

If you Google for recipes, you will definitely find lots :)

HTH,
Christine

aem wrote:

> Ria wrote:
>
>>Does anyone have any good crock pot recipes that aren't soup? I love
>>cooking with a crock pot but I don't really have any other recipes but
>>soup.

> Do they have crock pots in Europe?

I've been looking into buying one. Ther are next ti impossible to find
in stores in Holland, as well as Germany. but I have a Dutch friend who
bought one in the UK. IN the end, I decided to give up. In a one person
household, I didn't find it worth all that effort to acquire it. i'll
just continue to do pot roasts etc on my stove top. But I still think
they are good invention.

aem wrote:

> Ria wrote:
>
>>Does anyone have any good crock pot recipes that aren't soup? I love
>>cooking with a crock pot but I don't really have any other recipes but
>>soup.

> Do they have crock pots in Europe?

I've been looking into buying one. Ther are next ti impossible to find
in stores in Holland, as well as Germany. but I have a Dutch friend who
bought one in the UK. IN the end, I decided to give up. In a one person
household, I didn't find it worth all that effort to acquire it. i'll
just continue to do pot roasts etc on my stove top. But I still think
they are good invention.

Maybe you could get crockpot
> recipes from Europe. -aem

"jake" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> aem wrote:
>
>> Ria wrote:
>>
>>>Does anyone have any good crock pot recipes that aren't soup? I love
>>>cooking with a crock pot but I don't really have any other recipes
>>>but
>>>soup.

>> Do they have crock pots in Europe?

> I've been looking into buying one. Ther are next ti impossible to find
> in stores in Holland, as well as Germany. but I have a Dutch friend
> who bought one in the UK. IN the end, I decided to give up. In a one
> person household, I didn't find it worth all that effort to acquire
> it. i'll just continue to do pot roasts etc on my stove top. But I
> still think they are good invention.

Here in UK they are available everywhere

"jake" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> aem wrote:
>
>> Ria wrote:
>>
>>>Does anyone have any good crock pot recipes that aren't soup? I love
>>>cooking with a crock pot but I don't really have any other recipes
>>>but
>>>soup.

>> Do they have crock pots in Europe?

> I've been looking into buying one. Ther are next ti impossible to find
> in stores in Holland, as well as Germany. but I have a Dutch friend
> who bought one in the UK. IN the end, I decided to give up. In a one
> person household, I didn't find it worth all that effort to acquire
> it. i'll just continue to do pot roasts etc on my stove top. But I
> still think they are good invention.

Here in UK they are available everywhere

In article <[email protected]>,
"Ria" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Does anyone have any good crock pot recipes that aren't soup? I love
> cooking with a crock pot but I don't really have any other recipes but
> soup.

Well, it's what a crock pot is most suited for. :)

Stews and pot roasts work well also.

Take a quart of chicken stock, pour it in then dump in 1 cup of pearl
barley so it covers the bottom.

(in crock pots, I always "stack" it so the stuff that takes the longest
to cook is at the bottom)

Lay in a layer of sliced onions
a layer of 1" chunks of carrot
a layer of sliced or chunked potatoes

A large chunk of beef or well trimmed pork.

Top it with slivered garlic cloves, black pepper,
a bit of rosemary, thyme and basil, and 1 bay leaf.

Start on high until the liquid begins to simmer.

Turn it down to low and let cook for about 5 to 6 hours.

The meat will pretty much fall apart. :)
You can remove the meat to a platter very carefully, then mix
up the veggies and barley to serve on the side.

Goes well with either corn bread or buttermilk buscuits.

You can also add chicken hindquarters or split breasts
in place of pork or beef.

Cheers!
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

In article <[email protected]>,
"Ria" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Does anyone have any good crock pot recipes that aren't soup? I love
> cooking with a crock pot but I don't really have any other recipes but
> soup.

Well, it's what a crock pot is most suited for. :)

Stews and pot roasts work well also.

Take a quart of chicken stock, pour it in then dump in 1 cup of pearl
barley so it covers the bottom.

(in crock pots, I always "stack" it so the stuff that takes the longest
to cook is at the bottom)

Lay in a layer of sliced onions
a layer of 1" chunks of carrot
a layer of sliced or chunked potatoes

A large chunk of beef or well trimmed pork.

Top it with slivered garlic cloves, black pepper,
a bit of rosemary, thyme and basil, and 1 bay leaf.

Start on high until the liquid begins to simmer.

Turn it down to low and let cook for about 5 to 6 hours.

The meat will pretty much fall apart. :)
You can remove the meat to a platter very carefully, then mix
up the veggies and barley to serve on the side.

Goes well with either corn bread or buttermilk buscuits.

You can also add chicken hindquarters or split breasts
in place of pork or beef.

Cheers!
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

>>>Do they have crock pots in Europe?

>>I've been looking into buying one. Ther are next ti impossible to find
>>in stores in Holland, as well as Germany. but I have a Dutch friend
>>who bought one in the UK. IN the end, I decided to give up. In a one
>>person household, I didn't find it worth all that effort to acquire
>>it. i'll just continue to do pot roasts etc on my stove top. But I
>>still think they are good invention.

> Here in UK they are available everywhere

I envy you!

>>>Do they have crock pots in Europe?

>>I've been looking into buying one. Ther are next ti impossible to find
>>in stores in Holland, as well as Germany. but I have a Dutch friend
>>who bought one in the UK. IN the end, I decided to give up. In a one
>>person household, I didn't find it worth all that effort to acquire
>>it. i'll just continue to do pot roasts etc on my stove top. But I
>>still think they are good invention.

> Here in UK they are available everywhere

I envy you!

* Exported from MasterCook *

"One Pot" Dinner

Recipe By :n/a
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

1/2 pound ground beef - (to 1 lb)
3/4 pound bacon -- cut small pieces
1 cup chopped onion
2 cans pork and beans - (31 oz ea)
1 can kidney beans - (16 oz) -- drained
1 can butter limas - (16 oz) -- drained
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 dash freshly-ground black pepper

Brown ground beef in skillet; drain off fat and put beef in crockpot.
Brown bacon and onions; drain off fat. Add bacon, onions and remaining
ingredients to crockpot. Stir together well.
Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 9 hours.
This recipe yields ?? servings.

Source:
"Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at
http://southernfood.about.com"
S(Formatted for MC5):
"10-13-1999 by Joe Comiskey - [email protected]"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 2414 Calories; 168g Fat (62.5%
calories from fat); 109g Protein; 119g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber;
289mg Cholesterol; 10431mg Sodium. Exchanges: 14 Lean Meat; 2 1/2
Vegetable; 24 Fat; 7 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : Recipe originally from a Rival cookbook

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.