Cycling Peaks or SRM Win?

Jono L

Apr 28, 2005
Hey,

Just got my hands on some sexy new cranks:D

What software do you guys use to track progress?

Initially it looks like CP may be the way to go..

thoughts?

Jono L said:
Hey,

Just got my hands on some sexy new cranks:D

What software do you guys use to track progress?

Initially it looks like CP may be the way to go..

thoughts?
If you've been following this forum for the past few years, you already know your answer.

Dave

I like SRMwin better for marking and editing intervals and WKO+ better for looking at the big picture, so I use both. DL to SRMwin, mark up intervals & save, then open into WKO+. You can set it up so the files are in different places, creating a backup of sorts.

I like SRMwin better for marking and editing intervals and WKO+ better for looking at the big picture, so I use both. DL to SRMwin, mark up intervals & save, then open into WKO+.
Agreed. You can also go back and change 0-offset and/or slope if desired.
You can set it up so the files are in different places, creating a backup of sorts.
Eh, not even close. A backup needs to be on separate media. If/when your HDD fails, everything on it goes. It doesn't matter how many copies in different directories are on it - it's all gone.

Do not kid yourself. Multiple copies of the same file on the same HDD does not constitute a backup. Create a backup file or copy to another media.

End of rant,
Dave

dkrenik said:
Agreed. You can also go back and change 0-offset and/or slope if desired.

Eh, not even close. A backup needs to be on separate media. If/when your HDD fails, everything on it goes. It doesn't matter how many copies in different directories are on it - it's all gone.

Do not kid yourself. Multiple copies of the same file on the same HDD does not constitute a backup. Create a backup file or copy to another media.

End of rant,
Dave

I should have been clearer - I meant on an external drive. While we're being fastidious, even with some on the internal/ some on the external, it's a good idea to throw it all on a USB stick every now and then and keep that on your keychain or at least in another part of the house. And a bonus of working with a coach is that s/he will also have copies of everything.

peterpen said:
I like SRMwin better for marking and editing intervals and WKO+ better for looking at the big picture, so I use both. .
Cool, that's what I was thinking. Cheers.

Got a usb ready for backup:D