death penalty in Arnold´s land

stevebaby said:
As you have stated on this forum,that calley should have been"hung on the spot" for the mass-murders at mylai,without a trial,what sort of penalty should welshofer receive?
Should all murderers receive the same penalty as welshofer,or should welshofer receive the same penalty as other murderers?
If death row prisoners in california have more rights and privileges than those outside the prison system,then why are people not clamouring to get in?
What a load of utter ****.
And you are too cowardly too respond.
I don't know what you're trying to say here. Please calm down, and compose your thoughts.
You have said you were in law enforcement. Where? What type of enforcement? If you have some experience in this field, other than searching the internet, please tell us. Take your time.

What are the benefits to society of a prison system that executes its prisoners over those that dont.

Not theoretical benefits, what actual benefits can we witness today with our own eyes that tells us that it is preferable?

MountainPro said:
What are the benefits to society of a prison system that executes its prisoners over those that dont.

Not theoretical benefits, what actual benefits can we witness today with our own eyes that tells us that it is preferable?
I will never agrue that the death penalty is a deterrent. Its not. Some thug, going in to rob a store doesn't think, "I'd better be careful with this gun, if I kill someone I might be executed."
The benefit comes from the having the monster from your nightmare gone. And from revenge. And from not spending taxpayers money caring, clothing, educating, entertaining and keeping someone fit and healthy after they murdered.
Can anyone tell me that life without parole is a deterrent?

I will. You kill,you die. Cut and dry,thats it. Nobody will have a problem with not knowing. All states should have it. You kill,you die. Now thats with intent. Drunk driving or something like that,you dont get to drive again,ever. We are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to soft on the bad guys because of all the crying hearts. Bring back hard labor,chain gang,public beheading and hanging. If that doesnt make you think twice before you take a life,you should die.

shokhead said:
...Bring back hard labor,chain gang,public beheading and hanging. If that doesnt make you think twice before you take a life,you should die.
There are some physical difficulties associated with beheading someone before you hang them, unless you want to hang them from under their armpits.

shokhead said:
I will. You kill,you die. Cut and dry,thats it. Nobody will have a problem with not knowing. All states should have it. You kill,you die. Now thats with intent. Drunk driving or something like that,you dont get to drive again,ever. We are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to soft on the bad guys because of all the crying hearts. Bring back hard labor,chain gang,public beheading and hanging. If that doesnt make you think twice before you take a life,you should die.
So you agree that warrant officer welshofer should be executed?
:D

Anyone who argues that the death penalty does not solve anything cannot think very well.

That particular murderer will never murder again.

That IS a solution. And yes, I am from Texas.

How about discussing something useful, like how to get all these school administrators off the teachers' backs so the children can get an education? Assuming the teachers can teach their subject. There must be a solution, and judging from our school budgets, throwing money at the problem is NOT the solution!

wrong there re monetary cost, you can lookit up, death penalty is up to three times more costly than life w/o parole, due to numerous legal wranglings avbl to those sentenced to death...

Chance3290 said:
And from not spending taxpayers money caring, clothing, educating, entertaining and keeping someone fit and healthy after they murdered.
QUOTE]

Hypnospin said:
wrong there re monetary cost, you can lookit up, death penalty is up to three times more costly than life w/o parole, due to numerous legal wranglings avbl to those sentenced to death...
QUOTE]
How? I have looked it up and it has never made sense. These 'stats' (or facts for the politically correct) don't make sense. If you get life w/o parole you can still get appeals, you can still file motions, etc. All the same, or similar legal wrangllings a death penalty inmate gets. Plus, they can file all the lawsuits they want. State and federal courts are clogged with frivilous lawsuit that these inmates file. A couple of examples are the guy who started his own religion and he needed steak and wine twice a week. Another needed to peyote so he could go on a vision quest. All of these lawsuits are paid for by the taxpayer.

By the way, how do you hang someone after you chop off their head?

Hypnospin said:
QUOTE]
How? I have looked it up and it has never made sense. These 'stats' (or facts for the politically correct) don't make sense. If you get life w/o parole you can still get appeals, you can still file motions, etc. All the same, or similar legal wrangllings a death penalty inmate gets. Plus, they can file all the lawsuits they want. State and federal courts are clogged with frivilous lawsuit that these inmates file. A couple of examples are the guy who started his own religion and he needed steak and wine twice a week. Another needed to peyote so he could go on a vision quest. All of these lawsuits are paid for by the taxpayer.

By the way, how do you hang someone after you chop off their head?