"Der Jan ist zurück"

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> Second place behind Rich in the 23 km TT opener of the
> Deutschland Tour: http://www.deutschland-
> tour.de/news/?&artikelNr=1

I'm puzzling over this quote from CN:

"I didn't count on that," he said afterwards. "Look at this
[pointing to his polka dot jersey], how does someone who
weighs *120 kg* get over the mountains. The bad period is
over. I don't have to win the Tour of Mallorca if I want to
be in front in the Tour de France. I'm looking forward to
the Tour of Germany now. It's nice that it goes through the
Alps. There I will test my form."

120 Kg? That guy should be marketing his own diet book.

On 31 May 2004 17:29:47 EDT, Richard Adams wrote:
>120 Kg? That guy should be marketing his own diet book.

He's still a little ****** about the endless bratwurst
innuendo (especially from rbr), but turned it into a witz.

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

> On 31 May 2004 17:29:47 EDT, Richard Adams wrote:
>
>>120 Kg? That guy should be marketing his own diet book.
>

> He's still a little ****** about the endless bratwurst
> innuendo (especially from rbr), but turned it into a witz.

I figured it had to be in jest. A look at his face shows
he's pretty lean. I didn't see the double chin he's sported
in the past.

Richard Adams <[email protected]> wrote:
> I'm puzzling over this quote from CN:

> "I didn't count on that," he said afterwards. "Look at
> this [pointing to his polka dot jersey], how does someone
> who weighs *120 kg* get over the mountains. The bad period
> is over. I don't have to win the Tour of Mallorca if I
> want to be in front in the Tour de France. I'm looking
> forward to the Tour of Germany now. It's nice that it goes
> through the Alps. There I will test my form."

> 120 Kg? That guy should be marketing his own diet book.

Proof that Jan is better at trolling than half of RBR - and
he doesn't even post here!

(At least, I _think_ he doesn't post here. Anyway, nice to
see he has a sense of humor about the "Jan is fat" circus.)

> On 31 May 2004 17:29:47 EDT, Richard Adams wrote:
> >120 Kg? That guy should be marketing his own diet book.
>
> He's still a little ****** about the endless bratwurst
> innuendo (especially from rbr), but turned it into a witz.

I updated the report to make it obvious (and of course ruin
the joke). Too many emails along the following lines:

"But 120 kg is 265 lbs?!?!?!"

Jeff

Benjamin Weiner wrote:

> (At least, I _think_ he doesn't post here. Anyway, nice to
> see he has a sense of humor about the "Jan is fat"
> circus.)

Now half of RBR (the half that don't have 2 weeks to become
fluent in foreign languages) will be thinking that "zurück"
is German for "fat".

Richard Adams wrote:
> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>
>> On 31 May 2004 17:29:47 EDT, Richard Adams wrote:
>>
>>> 120 Kg? That guy should be marketing his own diet book.
>>

>> He's still a little ****** about the endless
>> bratwurst innuendo (especially from rbr), but turned
>> it into a witz.
>

> I figured it had to be in jest. A look at his face shows
> he's pretty lean. I didn't see the double chin he's
> sported in the past.

CyclingNews quotes are becoming increasingly strange. They
had Mr Greg Henderson down as saying "golly gosh" the
other day...

Over the course of his career Jan has shown nothing,
*nothing*, if not the ability to make great progress in a
short period of time. Especially during periods of
"intensive training".

Bob Schwartz [email protected]

He will be ready in July.

Stewart Fleming <[email protected]> wrote:

> Now half of RBR (the half that don't have 2 weeks to
> become fluent in foreign languages) will be thinking that
> "zurück" is German for "fat".

"Baby Got Back," as Sir Mix-a-Lot would say.

In article <40bbdd84$1@darkstar>, Benjamin Weiner <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Stewart Fleming <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Now half of RBR (the half that don't have 2 weeks to
> > become fluent in foreign languages) will be thinking
> > that "zur?ck" is German for "fat".
>
> "Baby Got Back," as Sir Mix-a-Lot would say.

And based on the results he showed in this race, there's
most certainly a motor in the back of Jan's Honda...

--
tanx, Howard

"I'm worth a million in prizes"

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> Second place behind Rich in the 23 km TT opener of the
> Deutschland Tour: http://www.deutschland-
> tour.de/news/?&artikelNr=1

Rich appears to have had a nearly incredible ride. Big time
gaps for the first day. Vinokourov in 10th, +77 to Rich and
+52 to Ullrich.

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 08:50:13 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
> nearly

Haha! But I couldn't find when we discussed this. You know
what is unbelievable: the phrase "not unbelievable" has
never appeared on rbr.

Nor has "not incredible" as a double negative meaning
credible.

>From: "Robert Chung" [email protected]

>Rich appears to have had a nearly incredible ride. Big time
>gaps for the first day. Vinokourov in 10th, +77 to Rich and
>+52 to Ullrich.

I was more shocked by Zabel's ride than Jan's. 51st @ 2.39
back. He hasn't been tearing things up but this is more of
a drop off than I expected. I'd guess that this may be the
last year for him. Bill C

TritonRider wrote:

> I was more shocked by Zabel's ride than Jan's. 51st @
> 2.39 back. He hasn't been tearing things up but this is
> more of a drop off than I expected. I'd guess that this
> may be the last year for him.

His results in the TT stages of the 2003 TdF: 112th,
149th, 89th

His results in the TT stages of the 2002 TdF: 43rd,
144th, 96th

In article <[email protected]>,
"Jeff Jones" <jeff@cyclingnews-punt-com> wrote:

> "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:YOURhoward-
> [email protected]...
> >
> > And based on the results he showed in this race,
> > there's most certainly a motor in the back of Jan's
> > Honda...
>
> I thought he drove a Porsche?
>
> [lame I know]

"Hey, try the veal! I'll be here alllll week!!!"

--
tanx, Howard

"Copper will never be gold" Shellac

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

> >From: "Robert Chung" [email protected]
>
> >Rich appears to have had a nearly incredible ride. Big
> >time gaps for the first day. Vinokourov in 10th, +77 to
> >Rich and +52 to Ullrich.
>
> I was more shocked by Zabel's ride than Jan's. 51st @
> 2.39 back. He
hasn't
> been tearing things up but this is more of a drop off
> than I expected. I'd guess that this may be the last year
> for him.

And some donut eater here will make the comment that he
should have quit at the top of his game so that he could
have lost a couple of million dollars and impress the hell
out of idiots.