Doh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ivor Cave

pack my phone and nicotine gum in panniers. Check that I had 2 tubes, speed lever, pump and
multitool. Put a tenner in pocket on back of jersy and set off. Managed the 10 miles there in 40mins
and pushed myself to cycle up all hills. Thinking of a nice caramel magnum and ice cold coke when I
got there. So pulling up at the snack bar I order the ice cold coke but had no tenner in jersey
pocket and it was not in my panniers. So cycled the 10 miles back with one mouthfull of warm water
left in the bottle in blistering heat. When I got home the tenner was still on the table DOH!!!!!!.

Ivor Cave

Ivor Cave tried to scribble ...

> water bottle pack my phone and nicotine gum in panniers. Check that I had 2 tubes, speed lever,
> pump and multitool. Put a tenner in pocket on back of jersy and set off. Managed the 10 miles
> there in 40mins and pushed myself to cycle up all hills. Thinking of a nice caramel magnum and ice
> cold coke when I got there. So pulling up at the snack bar I order the ice cold coke but had no
> tenner in jersey pocket and it was not in my panniers. So cycled the 10 miles back with one
> mouthfull of warm water left in the bottle in blistering heat. When I got home the tenner was
> still on the table DOH!!!!!!.
>
> Ivor Cave

I rarely take 'folding' when out cycling .. At least with ound or two pound coins you can 'feel'
they're still there .. ;)

--
Digweed

But think of the money you saved, Ivor!

"Ivor Cave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

bottle
> pack my phone and nicotine gum in panniers. Check that I had 2 tubes,
speed lever, pump
> and multitool. Put a tenner in pocket on back of jersy and set off. Managed the 10 miles there in
> 40mins and pushed myself to cycle up all
hills.
> Thinking of a nice caramel magnum and ice cold coke when I got there. So
pulling up
> at the snack bar I order the ice cold coke but had no tenner in jersey
pocket and it
> was not in my panniers. So cycled the 10 miles back with one mouthfull of warm water left in the
bottle in
> blistering heat. When I got home the tenner was still on the table
DOH!!!!!!.
>
> Ivor Cave

In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys at the keyboard of Ivor Cave
<[email protected]> wrote:

> So cycled the 10 miles back with one mouthfull of warm water left in the bottle in blistering
> heat. When I got home the tenner was still on the table DOH!!!!!!.

You need to move to a civilised country. One where there's good drinking water freely available on
tap in every village!

I got quite accustomed to that when living in central Italy, and it's one of a short list of things
I really miss from there. OK, they have more need for it than we do for reasons of climate, but even
here it would be nice...

--
Axis of Evil: Whose economy needs ever more wars? Arms Exports $bn: USA 14.2, UK 5.1, vs France 1.5,
Germany 0.8 (The Economist, July 2002)

Nick Kew wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys
> at the keyboard of Ivor Cave <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>>So cycled the 10 miles back with one mouthfull of warm water left in the bottle in blistering
>>heat. When I got home the tenner was still on the table DOH!!!!!!.
>
>
> You need to move to a civilised country. One where there's good drinking water freely available on
> tap in every village!
>
> I got quite accustomed to that when living in central Italy, and it's one of a short list of
> things I really miss from there. OK, they have more need for it than we do for reasons of climate,
> but even here it would be nice...
>

See some of these in greece but wasn't sure to drink from them or not as we were warned not to drink
the tap water. But today it would of been worth the risk.

Ivor Cave

"Ivor Cave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Nick Kew wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys at the keyboard of Ivor
> > Cave <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >
> >>So cycled the 10 miles back with one mouthfull of warm water left in the
bottle in
> >>blistering heat. When I got home the tenner was still on the table
DOH!!!!!!.
> >
> >
> > You need to move to a civilised country. One where there's good
drinking
> > water freely available on tap in every village!
> >
> > I got quite accustomed to that when living in central Italy, and it's
one
> > of a short list of things I really miss from there. OK, they have more need for it than we do
> > for reasons of climate, but even here it would be nice...
> >
>
> See some of these in greece but wasn't sure to drink from them or not as we were warned not to
> drink the tap water. But today it would of been worth the risk.
>
> Ivor Cave
>

I was there drinking tea around 1pm after a 80 mile jaunt...would have give you money if I
had known ya!

--
Mark

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak"

MSA wrote:

>
> I was there drinking tea around 1pm after a 80 mile jaunt...would have give you money if I had
> known ya!
>

Thats some distance for a jaunt :) upto 30 is my sunday ride. Tell me you weren't one of the riders
in the pink once kit :) If your there again on a sunday I ride a red giant ocr with rear panniers.
Probably be wearing matching red top and black shorts. Hibeach certainly seemed popular with cyclist
and riders of bikes with engines. Might even take the wife next time but it won't be for two weeks
as we are off on a cycling holiday round the isle of wight friday till the next weekend.

Ivor Cave

Status
Not open for further replies.