drop off

rossnos

Guest
can anybody advise me as i want to do a drop off at this weekend ant
want to know if i should pull up and lean back, jst pull up or jst
lean back.

the drop is 5 foot and i ride a chucker all the other drops i've done
are as big but safer landings.

i would be happy with any advise.

than you

rossnos wrote:
> can anybody advise me as i want to do a drop off at this weekend ant
> want to know if i should pull up and lean back, jst pull up or jst
> lean back.
>
> the drop is 5 foot and i ride a chucker all the other drops i've done
> are as big but safer landings.
>
> i would be happy with any advise.
>
> than you

I recommend you practice the same height on a safer landing until you
know you can do it in your sleep. Then move to the "unsafe" landing. The
amount of lean and/or pull will vary depending on speed, approach angle,
landing angle and lots of other things.

But be sure to film it. If the video is spectacular you maybe be able to
recoup some medial expenses with it.

Oh, and stay in school! :)

Matt

rossnos said the following on 15/01/2008 22:24:
> can anybody advise me as i want to do a drop off at this weekend ant
> want to know if i should pull up and lean back, jst pull up or jst
> lean back.
>
> the drop is 5 foot and i ride a chucker all the other drops i've done
> are as big but safer landings.

If you're asking these questions, my advice would be to start with
something smaller! Not that I drop off anything big these days, but
photos of me 20 years ago show that I was leaning back and pulling up to
keep the bike level in the air. That principle, in theory, should work
whether it's a kerb you're dropping off or 5 ft.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/