Endura Bib tight question...

Me

Guest
H guys, got my endura clip bib tights from wiggle today and I'm impressed with the fit as I had to
send back a pair that were a bit too long for me last week.

Had a nice ride in them tonight and really dig the clip function, cant wait to go on a ride long
enough to need to pee now!

But I got a question from other wearers... the zips on the ankles wont stay closed. No matter how
far I zip them up, when I flex my ankle during the pedal stroke it unzips about 3inches which leaves
me a bit chilly down there.

Any one else have that problem? Any solutions?

I seemed to notice the large did the same for me though I didn't actually wear them on a
bike though...

cheers

Me must be edykated coz e writed:

> H guys, got my endura clip bib tights from wiggle today and I'm impressed with the fit as I had to
> send back a pair that were a bit too long for me last week.
>
> Had a nice ride in them tonight and really dig the clip function, cant wait to go on a ride long
> enough to need to pee now!
>
> But I got a question from other wearers... the zips on the ankles wont stay closed. No matter how
> far I zip them up, when I flex my ankle during the pedal stroke it unzips about 3inches which
> leaves me a bit chilly down there.
>
> Any one else have that problem? Any solutions?
>
> I seemed to notice the large did the same for me though I didn't actually wear them on a bike
> though...
>
> cheers

The running tights I use did this at first but cured themselves after a couple of washes.

--
Ian

http://www.catrike.co.uk

Me wrote:
> H guys, got my endura clip bib tights from wiggle today and I'm impressed with the fit as I had to
> send back a pair that were a bit too long for me last week.
>
> Had a nice ride in them tonight and really dig the clip function, cant wait to go on a ride long
> enough to need to pee now!
>
> But I got a question from other wearers... the zips on the ankles wont stay closed. No matter how
> far I zip them up, when I flex my ankle during the pedal stroke it unzips about 3inches which
> leaves me a bit chilly down there.
>
> Any one else have that problem? Any solutions?
>
> I seemed to notice the large did the same for me though I didn't actually wear them on a bike
> though...
>
> cheers

I find that you need to make sure the zip fastener is folded back against the zip or it unzips as
you describe.
--
Mark

"the Mark" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Me wrote:
> > H guys, got my endura clip bib tights from wiggle today and I'm impressed with the fit as I had
> > to send back a pair that were a bit too long for me last week.
> >
> > Had a nice ride in them tonight and really dig the clip function, cant wait to go on a ride long
> > enough to need to pee now!
> >
> > But I got a question from other wearers... the zips on the ankles wont stay closed. No matter
> > how far I zip them up, when I flex my ankle during the pedal stroke it unzips about 3inches
> > which leaves me a bit chilly down there.
> >
> > Any one else have that problem? Any solutions?
> >
> > I seemed to notice the large did the same for me though I didn't actually wear them on a bike
> > though...
> >
> > cheers
>
> I find that you need to make sure the zip fastener is folded back against the zip or it unzips as
> you describe.
> --
> Mark

Received mine this morning from Wiggle and thought exactly the same thing. I soon came to the same
cure as Mark...fully zip them down and fold back the zip head.

--
Mark (MSA)

Bike shop assistant... "We couldn't repair your brakes, so we made your horn louder"!

I dont' quite get it...

when I zip down, I should then rotate the "zip lever-thingy" up so that its flat against the
zip "tracks"?

does that make sense?

keep the advice coming!

"Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I dont' quite get it...
>
> when I zip down, I should then rotate the "zip lever-thingy" up so that
its
> flat against the zip "tracks"?
>
> does that make sense?
>
> keep the advice coming!

Look at the 'handle' of the zip. There is probably a little 'pin' on one side down near the zip
itself. When you fold the zip handle down flush to the zip this will jut into the zip teeth and hold
the zip closed.

Me <[email protected]> wrote:

: Any one else have that problem? Any solutions?

Mine never do this. Maybe I'm just odd?

--
Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org "Technolibertarians make a philosophy out of a personality defect"
- Paulina Borsook

"Me" <[email protected]>typed

> I dont' quite get it...

> when I zip down, I should then rotate the "zip lever-thingy" up so that its flat against the zip
> "tracks"?

> does that make sense?

Yes. Most zips have one of two mechanisms to stop them undoing. There is probably a tiny tooth in
the zip tag that engages on the tooth track when it's flat.

Ankle zips are 'upside-down' compared to 'normal' zips, in that they are fully fastened when they
are down, not when they are up. The tags are probably constructed to have their little tooth engage
by gravity the other way up...