ergomo - Innovative Triathlon Product of the Year

ergomo

Mar 24, 2008
Hello All,

ergomo was elected by the readers of the most famous english triathlon magazine "220 Triathlon" as " Innovative Triathlon Product of the Year "

We are very proud as more and more consumers see us and make us the leader in the market of sophisticated bicycle computers.

Thank you!

Ergomo Sucks Big Time! I Bought Your Ergomo And In 9 Months The Computer Went Bad And Then Ergomo Never Responded To My Requests For A Warranty Repair! They Ignored My Emails 4 Times!

I Would Rather Blast Every Bike Web Forum About How Bad Ergomo Support Is And That Your Head Units Are Unreliable! - And Maybe I Will Do This And Hope No One Buys From You!

JTE83 said:
Ergomo Sucks Big Time! I Bought Your Ergomo And In 9 Months The Computer Went Bad And Then Ergomo Never Responded To My Requests For A Warranty Repair! They Ignored My Emails 4 Times!

I Would Rather Blast Every Bike Web Forum About How Bad Ergomo Support Is And That Your Head Units Are Unreliable! - And Maybe I Will Do This And Hope No One Buys From You!
OK, so tell us what you really think. No beating around the bush this time. Out with it. ;):)

JTE83 said:

I almost bought one, to use with the Power Cranks (not the SRM but the independant 'make you suffer a thousand deaths' cranks) but a co-worker had one with issues and the US distributor at the time basically told him to f*ck off. A week or so later they'd folded.

On paper they look great - and being bottom bracket based and thus allowing for different cranks and wheels it's ideal.... but if it don't work then I'd rather shell out the $300 and get the slightly less than accurate power module for my CS600 and have the great Polar support if needed.

Steve_B said:
OK, so tell us what you really think. No beating around the bush this time. Out with it. ;):)

I told the truth. My computer went bad and ergomo just ignored my requests for warranty repair / support. Now I don't ride my Cervelo because of it. Maybe I gotta go down to a Polar. Ergomo support does not help you if your computer goes bad.

JTE83 said:
I told the truth. My computer went bad and ergomo just ignored my requests for warranty repair / support. Now I don't ride my Cervelo because of it. Maybe I gotta go down to a Polar. Ergomo support does not help you if your computer goes bad.
Ergomo Germany or their former US distributor?

ditto for unresolved complaints. i just wrote letters to request that I get my unit repaired.

in retrospect, I wish I would have either purchased a Powertap, or shelled out another $1,600 and went with an SRM.

swampy1970 said:
I almost bought one, to use with the Power Cranks (not the SRM but the independant 'make you suffer a thousand deaths' cranks) but a co-worker had one with issues and the US distributor at the time basically told him to f*ck off. A week or so later they'd folded.

On paper they look great - and being bottom bracket based and thus allowing for different cranks and wheels it's ideal.... but if it don't work then I'd rather shell out the $300 and get the slightly less than accurate power module for my CS600 and have the great Polar support if needed.
What would be the issue with riding PCs then having a PM that measured the power from the one (left) leg only?

If you ride a Polar Power meter it will tell you your L - R balance. Mine is about 50 / 50 so the ergomo is good for me.

Ergomo computers cost $700. They should repair defective ones for about $100 so people will be satisfied with their support. I'm talking about the ones that don't download data.

The President of ergomo made this thread, but he is such a big tool not responding to his product support issues. If he doesn't fix his support, I hope his company goes down. It would be better just to get a Polar Powermeter, CS600 or the old wired one.

I have received a reply to my letter sent to Ergomo in Germany. They are working with MultiFit to resolve my lost bottom bracket. i will keep my fingers crossed and let everyone know when/if they solve my problem.

unfortunately, it has been 3 weeks and still no new Ergomo as promised. i wrote another letter to the President of Ergomo and the US distributor asking for resolution. Someday, i hope this gets resolved.

JTE83 said:
The President of ergomo made this thread..
You know, I wonder if that post was real. It might just be a plant by someone who hates ergomo to start a discussion along the lines of the way this has been going.

Steve_B said:
You know, I wonder if that post was real. It might just be a plant by someone who hates ergomo to start a discussion along the lines of the way this has been going.
send a PM and see if you get a response