Ever try online dating?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by JTE83, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

While I've never used these services because I think my wife might frown on it...anyway, I do know 2 men who have used Eharmony and both found their wife from that, and both are extremely happy couples. The first guy went on 3 dates and the third date was the last one, they got married about 3 months after meeting each other, and he was willing to move to where she lived. Unfortunately, this friend died about 7 years after they got married, she was devasted, she loved him far more than her first husband.

The second guy had one, dare I say criminal date? She called him, and they set up a date, only she called back later when he was on his way to see her to have him meet her at an airport due to not having enough money? Obviously, he turned the car around and when home. He also went through about 7 or 8 dates before he met the woman of his dreams. They lived sort of close to each other so they compromised, he moved halfway to her and she moved the other half to him, this worked out for their jobs, they both went from 5-mile commutes to 40-mile commute and they're both ok with it.

I don't know anyone who has tried the others, but Eharmony seems to have the best reputation on the internet as well, and it does seem very effective if you want a wife.

If my wife were to die and was still young enough to consider marriage again, would I choose Eharmony? Sure, but only after I exhausted my other sources first; my first friend never tried other sources just went straight to Eharmony; the second friend tried all sorts of sources/connections he had and went on many dates but nothing panned out so he turned to Eharmony. Also, I would not consider moving to where she lives, I have grandkids here, I also have a business here, so the combined problems of those two things would prevent me from moving, so she would have to be the one to move to where I'm at, so that could eliminate some if not a lot of choices.

2. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Well-Known Member

I'd never do the online thing. If something were to happen to Gina, I'm still young enough that I COULD, not saying I would look, but I could find plenty of other women around here. Of course, the population here is big. Heck, I find women all the time that could get me in trouble if I allowed it. Plenty of cycling women, dancing women, and women my age that are available.

Maybe the area some of the others are in, limit their choices.

3. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

My problem is, that IF something happened to my wife, and IF I wanted to remarry, is to find another woman that enjoys cycling, would want to do at least bike camping and hopefully bike touring. To find a woman like that where I live, plus be close to my age, would be highly unlikely, so I would probably turn to online dating and put in the profiles of all that cycling stuff.

So I think that in certain circumstances it works great. If I didn't have any oddball interest like cycling, and all I wanted to do was kick around the house, I could find women my age where I live all over the place that could do that...but I don't do that thus don't want a woman like that, I already have a woman like that and she drives me crazy, I don't want another one like her.

Mr. Beanz likes this.
  4. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Well-Known Member

:D:p:D

Funny! I was on a traveling softball tournament team when I met Gina. I also played in leagues a couple nights a week. She had no problem with it and would watch my games every now and then. Even play catch with me during the week just to keep the arm loose.

Before her, I met a gal, very pretty big gal, big knockers and all. But she wanted me to sit down and watch soap operas with her at night. Uhh, no thanks. I'd take her out to dinner then dancing. She'd dance but had a frown on her face the entire time like it was killing her. Then she asked why I wasted my time playing ball as it was a waste of time and STUPID.

That was it. I dumped her and she kept calling. She actually wanted to get married and settle down in our own little place and life. No thanks, settling down in her mind meant giving up my active life and doing the things I like to do so that we could sit there all night and watch soap operas. No thanks, I don't care how big your boobies are ha ha!:D

5. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

WHATTTTTTT? She couldn't bribe you with HUGE boobies? What's the matter with you? Have you lost your senses? Have you gone insane? Maybe soap operas is a bit over the top, but you did say it was at night, I seriously doubt the both of you would do that all night, you and her would have been exercising all night instead...

Mr. Beanz likes this.
  6. Lizadubey

Lizadubey New Member

I also tried online dating once, but it was totally a waste of time for me.

7. Germanrazor

Germanrazor Well-Known Member

Negative. I grew up in a era when you dated girls from your school or other local schools you met while cruising town. I am dating myself I know! I am glad I am not a millennial! Online dating is a step away from being the victim of a serial killer being kept alive in their basement for days until they get tired of you then cut you up in pieces!

Froze likes this.
  8. gregoryfrazier

gregoryfrazier New Member

Once I managed to meet a model from a chat - https://firecams.com/category/transsexual I was pretty drunk that day. And I couldn't really cure her of the man. He / She looked exactly like a woman. I hope you understand me, Lol.

9. Lavarda

Lavarda New Member

There are a lot of dating sites these days, but very few of them are really good. There are a lot of different fakes on many and it is unpleasant to communicate with them, immediately there is a feeling that you were deceived and you wasted your time. I advise you to read the dating websites review and you will definitely find a good site there!

10. Mark Cicling

Mark Cicling New Member

11. Frenki

Frenki New Member

Yes, I've had an experience when it comes to online dating. These apps are a strange place for strange people. Don't think that it's a place to find a serious relationship. But when it comes to hookups then you can definitely try it. You can read this review to learn more about these hookup websites. Be sure to check it out.

12. ashishkumarji

ashishkumarji New Member

i tried online dating, but it's not good as much as offline dating offline dating is very good