Favorite Rider

Who is your favorite rider riding today?

• Lance Armstrong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jan Ullrich

Votes: 114 62.3%
  • Johan Museeuw

Votes: 47 25.7%
  • Marco Pantani

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • Other

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
I would also go with Museeuw followed by Hamilton.

Did you know that there is a pub in Belgium known as the 'Supporters Bar Peter van Petegem'? You are doing okay if you can get a pub named after you whilst you are still riding!

since the poll is FAVORITE rider - mine is Hincapie. Next favorite is Ullrich, followed by Hamilton and Ekimov.

what about the belgian Cro-Magnon Peter Van Petgem?

That dude frightens me.

I'm going with Cadel Evans here.. I think that boy's got a future.

Tyler Hamilton was very impressive in le Tour this year.

Originally posted by pie8y
what about the belgian Cro-Magnon Peter Van Petgem?

That dude frightens me.

You're right. How long would it take him to shave his legs (and his face, and his back, and his arms, ...)
:p

Originally posted by VitaminE
Armstrong for sure, it's very inspiring to see somone come back from cancer and ride like he does. Also, Lemond he came back from being shot and won the TDF with something like 20 shotgun pellets still in his body. I like 'em both.

I'd agree with beloki cause he could have won the tour (maybe). He was on fire, attacked and was easily better than lance at the Gap stage he crashed at. My vote goes to david millar though. Everytime he feels bad in a tour or picks up something like he did in this years tour and yesterdays vuelta stage he can pull it back. not many others do that in nearly every tour- recover from illness to win. A true hero to us all!

You have to admire Hamilton for riding all but one stage of the tour with a broken collar bone though.

-percious

Tour de Lance said:
nice to see the most of ppl voted for Lance!reading some of ur messages guys,it looks like everyone was hoping to find a Lance's rival for this year's Tour.

How about Voeckler. This guy impressed the hell out of me. He didn't win but I believe he gave more that he had. I still like Lance,Landis,Hincapie,Tyler ,Cipollini and so forth but Voeckler gets my vote today,tommrow may be different.

I also like Thor Hushovd, mainly because I can identify with him because we're the exact same size. I think I'm a better sprinter, though. :p

hodagbiker said:

Lance Armstrong

Jan Ullrich

Johan Museeuw

Marco Pantani

Other

yeah, thor is cool but who can go past Jan,, i mean for a guy like that to go around wearing pink all day, you gotta be tough

plus he must be the guy with the biggest differential in leg and arm size....
The Kaiser is like two giant thighs

T-mobile rocks

Pity the poll now contains a dead guy. :(

I think after this tour, it's very hard not to admire Landis. I also think Voeckler has earned himself a place in history. It's a tough call for me. I still like Heras, and I really like Tyler and Jens Voigt. I've also gained a new respect for Virenque, after he hung back to help Voeckler ater he was abandoned by his team.

Tough choice!!

cydewaze said:
Pity the poll now contains a dead guy. :(

I think after this tour, it's very hard not to admire Landis. I also think Voeckler has earned himself a place in history. It's a tough call for me. I still like Heras, and I really like Tyler and Jens Voigt. I've also gained a new respect for Virenque, after he hung back to help Voeckler ater he was abandoned by his team.

Tough choice!!

I think virenque did an awsome job this year, just too bad he has never won the tour.

hodagbiker said:

Lance Armstrong

Jan Ullrich

Johan Museeuw

Marco Pantani

Other

Eric Zabel. Mr consistent. Check his UCI ranking for the last 10 years - always up there.