Favorite Rider

Who is your favorite rider riding today?

• Lance Armstrong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jan Ullrich

Votes: 114 62.3%
  • Johan Museeuw

Votes: 47 25.7%
  • Marco Pantani

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • Other

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
Bradley McGee is up there for me, too bad he was on the list of injuries this tour, but he had a spectacular giro. Next year I'm hoping he wins the prologue and keeps the yellow jersey for at least a week. And I think he could finish top ten GC.

VitaminE said:
Armstrong for sure, it's very inspiring to see somone come back from cancer and ride like he does. Also, Lemond he came back from being shot and won the TDF with something like 20 shotgun pellets still in his body. I like 'em both.
I like Jens Voight. He is too large to win a grand tour. He can time trial as good as any and I like his attacking style. He isn't fast enough sprinter to win tons of races but he gets his results.
I like Lance but he is going too Hollywood for me lately.

I would have to say my favorite rider is Floyd Landis.
After watching how hard he rode for USPS and Lance, I would have to say my hats off to him. Job well done!

I dont know exactly! My favs are virenque, armstrong, hamilton, simoni, vinokourov, ...! Every year there is someone new hehe! Maybe I should choose virenque and armstrong, but it is different from race to race..

My All time favourite is Jan. Armstrong is the second favourite i choose and that's just because i don't like USA too much :rolleyes:

Sorry, but that is so stupid! Its not important from where someone is, but how he/she is behaving! There are too many people estimating by country or nationality of someone..:(Whats the point of that?

Virenque said:
Sorry, but that is so stupid! Its not important from where someone is, but how he/she is behaving! There are too many people estimating by country or nationality of someone..:(Whats the point of that?
Yeah i agree , never understood that myself.Judge someone on their merits : personality , success etc , but where they come from is irrelevant.

Jan Ullrich is mine. He has a really bad attitude and can never seem to get himself fit enough for a race like most riders can!! But he has amazing talent. I wish he would use it more though. I like Virenque because he is hot lol. And Voeckler because he has alot of guts and did awesome at TdF this year.

If i was being serious (which i never am) i would have to say Lance Armstrong. He is an amazing man, and i admire him a hell of alot.

Gilbeeeeeeerto Siiiiimoooniiiiiii!

If only Lance had the guts to do a Giro ;) :D Kidding!
I like him because he was low, he struggled to come to the top and although he had his downs again he had risen again and probably he will next year, too. You can feel, he' s mortal!

For the humble origins I like Beloki, too.

Cunego from the new ones, is great, but has a kind of arrogance. But maybe it's the Hinault's (or Merckx's) kind of arrogance, that is the one of a true champion!

hodagbiker said:

Lance Armstrong

Jan Ullrich

Johan Museeuw

Marco Pantani

Other

Vino, Cunego and Ullrich : in the stage races.

One dayers : Van Petegem, Dekker, Vino, Hincapie.

Like limmerickman, impossible to choose just one. A few I like:

Armstrong (for being a great rider, but also for giving so much back through his foundation. I can admire a great athlete, but I can only adore someone who recognizes that there is something greater than himself.)

O'Grady, does it all (or at least tries), including an awesome, though doomed, break on stage 15 TdF this year.

Jose Azevedo, tireless and strong domestique.

Ekimov, going on 40!

Others: Zabel, Voigt, Julich (nice comeback, nice olympic TT), Vino. I don't know enough about Cunego yet, but impressed so far.

I want to love Ullrich, but he's gotta earn it.

Used to like Tyler. I'll wait until the hearings, but for now, he's on my own personal version of suspension.

gotendurance said:
I would have to say my favorite rider is Floyd Landis.
After watching how hard he rode for USPS and Lance, I would have to say my hats off to him. Job well done!
Forgive my pet peeve, but after the Tour, everyone started screaming about how great Floyd is. Well, no doubt, Floyd had a great Tour, including a great TT and stage 17. But if you want to give some people credit for riding really well in support of LA, Rubiera and Azevedo really did as much or more (in Azevedo's case) for LA in the mountains and Hincapie guided him through stage 3, and Eki pulled hard in the TTT, and Pena and Triki did great early support and even Nozal had some moments.

Floyd's a real talent. But so are a lot of the non-American members of the former USPS.

My favorite riders are Iban Mayo and Oscar Sevilla. Both guys ride for lesser known teams and have had good results in the tour. Besides, Iban rides an Orbea.

snyper0311 said:
My favorite riders are Iban Mayo and Oscar Sevilla. Both guys ride for lesser known teams and have had good results in the tour. Besides, Iban rides an Orbea.

Iban Mayo is Goi ilun galant bizikleta mutil :D

hodagbiker said:

Lance Armstrong

Jan Ullrich

Johan Museeuw

Marco Pantani

Other
Erik Zabel. The man races every week and is just as strong in the Vuelta as he is in Milan San Remo. Unlike the other sprinters, he'll climb all the HC climbs. He loves to ride, period and he's an all around great guy. Plus he is involved in every sprint finish without a lead-out train. He never gets called for fouls and he never makes excuses.
:cool:

My favorites are Cunego, Ivan Basso, Iban Mayo.
Tom Boonen, Lance Armstrong, and Paulo Bettini.