Favourite spectator team sport

Scotttri

Oct 11, 2005
Well i'd just thought i'd add a thread that should make for some interesting debate. What i'm wondering is what everyone's favourite spectator team sport is???
I specefically didn't ask favourite team sport as some sports are fun to play but boreing to watch eg... ( for me this is ) I love playing soccer but find it incredibly boreing to watch. As for spectator sports for me AFL ( Australian football league ) is number one followed by cricket!!!

I'm gonna go with "none." I can't think of a spectator team sport that I enjoy watching. The most exciting things don't happen in stadiums or arenas.

This poll will most likely slant geographically. There are very few opportunities here in the US to watch Australian Rules Football, and only a few more for Rugby, although it looked for a while like Rugby was going to catch on. The same is true for Cricket.

Does the National Football League (American Football) still have their European affiliation teams? Is baseball seen much outside of the US, Japan, and the Caribean Islands?

I should have put basketball in the poll, I totally forgot about it, but it's definately one that should be there

Had to vote "other" as women's volleyball was not listed above. :p

WomensVolleyball.png

cyberlegend1994 said:
When football is in the off-season, the other big things around here are NASCAR and IndyCar racing.

I don't think racing counts as a team sport, not even the NASCAR permutation of racing. I watch all of the MotoGP and WSBK racing I can get, but those aren't team sports either. For moi, they're much better than team sports.

alienator said:
I don't think racing counts as a team sport, not even the NASCAR permutation of racing. I watch all of the MotoGP and WSBK racing I can get, but those aren't team sports either. For moi, they're much better than team sports.

Big fan of the motogp cant wait for the season to start again, Should be a good 3 way battle, Rossi, Stoner and Lorenzo

Scotttri said:
Big fan of the motogp cant wait for the season to start again, Should be a good 3 way battle, Rossi, Stoner and Lorenzo

The upcoming season is going to be a ripper. I can't wait to see what Ben Spies does in his first season.

alienator said:
The upcoming season is going to be a ripper. I can't wait to see what Ben Spies does in his first season.

6 new rookies for the season, thats a big change out. I tip stoner for the championship, if he remains injury free, otherwise Rossi.

alienator said:

I can see how you view this as not a team sport, but try explaining that to the pit crew and their chief. :mad::mad::D

alienator said:
I don't think racing counts as a team sport, not even the NASCAR permutation of racing.

gman0482 said:
I can see how you view this as not a team sport, but try explaining that to the pit crew and their chief. :mad::mad::D
I can see where some don't see racing teams as actual teams since racing teammates actually compete against each other, but there are times where a race driver will help a teammate win a race.

cyberlegend1994 said:
I can see where some don't see racing teams as actual teams since racing teammates actually compete against each other, but there are times where a race driver will help a teammate win a race.

Or be forced to

Speaking of racers, there are a lot of cyclists among the motorcycle road racing crowd. A bunch were bike racing in Texas this month, and for the last two years, a handful of 'em have raced the 24 hours of Moab, as seen in the piccies below.

menintights.jpg

pa080030.jpg

The Big East is one of my fav's to watch. They just try alot harder in College sports than in the pro's IMO.

Yes it is a team sport, as such but has alot more personal glory than other team sports, besides TDF is an event cycling is the sport