fauxpas

May 20, 2006
Dean Woods Direct has the Fizik Arione for $139 AUD

http://www.deanwoods.com.au/store/prod792.htm

fizik_arione.jpg

They also have a crazy price on the Felt 75 of $1449 AUD

http://www.deanwoods.com.au/store/prod1340.htm

felt_road_06_f75.jpg

Don't forget the free shipping Australia wide on the bikes that are part of the specials promotion. I bought a heap of items from Dean and they have always arrived the next day via express post, so they are very efficient and reasonably priced.

This is my all time favourite item from them.

http://www.deanwoods.com.au/extrawindvest.html

Sorry, but I'm not involved with this shop, but I subscribe to their specials email newsletter and thought those two particular products at those prices were special enough to warrant telling people about...

Maybe there should be a seperate section for products on special...

One of the things that put me off roading initially was the elite price of half decent equipment... If showing people good kit can be had for sane money, maybe there should be a section for it...

I work for minimum wage for the Salvation Army... I need all the specials I can get!!! :D

fauxpas said:
Sorry, but I'm not involved with this shop, but I subscribe to their specials email newsletter and thought those two particular products at those prices were special enough to warrant telling people about...

Maybe there should be a seperate section for products on special...

One of the things that put me off roading initially was the elite price of half decent equipment... If showing people good kit can be had for sane money, maybe there should be a section for it...

I work for minimum wage for the Salvation Army... I need all the specials I can get!!! :D

I tend to agree with Faux pas, we just trying to pass on savings and good products to fellow riders who otherwise would not know about them. Were not advertising for dean woods etc. Aren't we all doing some sort of advertising indirectly if some one asks about a particular product, like a bike, and we all respond with a review and other alternatives. If the moderators are against this, they can always edit the thread etc.

Hey, I have the Fizik Pave installed at the moment. What difference you think if I get this Arione saddle?

mysrh said:
Hey, I have the Fizik Pave installed at the moment. What difference you think if I get this Arione saddle?
=========================================================
The Arione is a much better beast - hence more expensive too!!
It has much better reviews - seeing roadbikereviews.com(or is that advertising?)
It's longer, has wingflex whereas the Pave is more rounded on top where a good(late model seats) saddles are concave so giving a break to the nether regions:)

I think the arione looks a little better, but I haven't used either of them...

SDLE-29.jpg
fizik_arione.jpg

kleng said:
I tend to agree with Faux pas, we just trying to pass on savings and good products to fellow riders who otherwise would not know about them. Were not advertising for dean woods etc. Aren't we all doing some sort of advertising indirectly if some one asks about a particular product, like a bike, and we all respond with a review and other alternatives. If the moderators are against this, they can always edit the thread etc.
============================================================
Cool, I get it but if bike gear sellers jump in and covertly advertise - it just becomes free advertising for them - not an impartial site that we know and love.
I know with another forum(not cycling) I used to frequent that was the rule for good reasons:)

Someone's selling phones on this forum... What's the go there?

Moderators need to decide what's a genuine special being passed around and an add from a shop... And delete accordingly...

Bigbananabike said:
============================================================
Cool, I get it but if bike gear sellers jump in and covertly advertise - it just becomes free advertising for them - not an impartial site that we know and love.
I know with another forum(not cycling) I used to frequent that was the rule for good reasons:)
Paul

I agree with you on this one, I would'nt want covert retailers selling on forum, so we'll need to keep to the straight advice next time and just talk about the items but don't reference any retailers. You should see www.bikeforums.net , I'm pretty sure ***bikekit and P***lforce is doing some covert stuff there, everybody is always showing off their equipment and bikes and referencing the retailers.

fauxpas said:
Someone's selling phones on this forum... What's the go there?

Moderators need to decide what's a genuine special being passed around and an add from a shop... And delete accordingly...
+ 1 what's up with the phone sales, lets start selling notebooks and pda's as well on the forum !!!!!!, it has'nt got anything remotely to do with cycling. At least Faux Pas and myself post about saddles and windproof vests. Maybe if we expanded to desktop computers other members wouldn't be as critical.

mrkott3r said:
damn thats tempting. Im up for a new saddle too.
Remember you didn't hear it from us, I have 2 Ariones one on the roadie and one on the MTB and I think they have a lot of positive features, however make sure you don't need a relatively wide saddle as they are the narrow type. The extra length is great to slide back on while climbing seated and if you need to time trial on the flat you can move to the front. Make sure you run them perfectly level as you sit more on top of them instead of into the saddle.