Fizik Arione saddle

JBIthaca

Guest
Any of you that have this saddle, are there any tips on setting it up?
Level front to back, nose up, nose down? Also due to length of rails,
should the front tip of the saddle be set the same as my old saddle
distance from the bottom bracket?

Thanks

JBIthaca wrote:
> Any of you that have this saddle, are there any tips on setting it up?
> Level front to back, nose up, nose down?

Start with level front and back and see if this workes out for you.

Also due to length of rails,
> should the front tip of the saddle be set the same as my old saddle
> distance from the bottom bracket?

Unlikely if the old saddle has a different shap. Your sitbones rest on
the back of the saddle not on the nose, and your sitbones should be on
the same position relative to the bottombracket.

Lou
--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu

JBIthaca wrote:
> Any of you that have this saddle, are there any tips on setting it up?
> Level front to back, nose up, nose down?

I'm using this saddle for two years and I admit it was tricky to set up
at the beginning. My experience is that the front part (about 2/3 of the
length) should be level (very slightly up in my case), the rear end goes
a bit up.
Once I found the correct position and I did some hours, it has been the
best saddle I ever had. Very subjective, I know.

Francesco

> Also due to length of rails,
> should the front tip of the saddle be set the same as my old saddle
> distance from the bottom bracket?
>
> Thanks

Hello,

As as starting point I'd set it perfectly level and put the the tip of
the saddle about 10 mm further forward than your old saddle. That way
you will get the part you sit on around the same point. Mine is
currently 12mm further forward than my old saddle, but I may have moved
my position forward slightly.

My saddle is level or the nose is SLIGHTLY down. I lowered the nose a
bit to take the pressure off when I'm on the drops, sitting upright it
was comfortable with the nose a little higher. Take an allen wrench
with you on your first few rides....

-Eric

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 00:34:01 GMT, E Goforth <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>As as starting point I'd set it perfectly level and put the the tip of
>the saddle about 10 mm further forward than your old saddle. That way
>you will get the part you sit on around the same point. Mine is
>currently 12mm further forward than my old saddle, but I may have moved
>my position forward slightly.
>

>-Eric
>
>Francesco Devittori wrote:
>> JBIthaca wrote:
>>> Any of you that have this saddle, are there any tips on setting it up?
>>> Level front to back, nose up, nose down?

>> I'm using this saddle for two years and I admit it was tricky to set up
>> at the beginning. My experience is that the front part (about 2/3 of the
>> length) should be level (very slightly up in my case), the rear end goes
>> a bit up.

Gosh, I just threw mine on so it looked about right and haven't
touched it since. Am I missing out on something by not being able to
detect 2mm of fore/aft movement? I doubt it; my torso length varies
more than that from morning to evening.

Kinky Cowboy*

*Batteries not included
May contain traces of nuts
Your milage may vary

"JBIthaca" <[email protected]> wrote in news:1143141707.644673.248770
@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
> Any of you that have this saddle, are there any tips on setting it up?
> Level front to back, nose up, nose down? Also due to length of rails,
> should the front tip of the saddle be set the same as my old saddle
> distance from the bottom bracket?

Level the front half of the saddle; back will stick up a little.
You'll be sitting on the back half of the saddle most of the time; align that
with where you sat on the old saddle.