Fizik Arione saddle - anyone tried yet?

Bought the Arione Simoni Special Edition (Silver/Red) a perfect match for my 2003 Cannondale R1000... :) Did a couple of hours sitting on it on my trainer and so far I'm very pleased with it...

Now I'm just wishing that winter ends very soon so I can ride it outside!

Martin

Just goes to show you there is no single optimum saddle for every ass. :p

Someone should develop a fitting tool that mounts to a seat post that measures the pressure points of the derriere of anyone who sits on it, then makes recommendations depending upon the result.

Investment opportunity anyone?

Just got a good report on the Arione today from a racer I was riding with. He's about 5'8", and got the saddle for his R5000.

His praise was that "this saddle just disappeared...I don't even think about the saddle anymore".

I like the looks of the Arione a lot. I've got an "OEM" SSM Aspide on my new bike, and it looks like a cheap saddle by comparison.

Originally posted by patch70
Looks like a good saddle in theory but still hard to get here in Australia so haven't had a chance to test one out. Any reviews?

I like the fact that it is considerably cheaper than the Aliante but am wondering how the comfort will compare.

I got the Vitesse off their website its unisex but nice for a woman or for someone that likes a wider saddle in back.
They have some really funky saddles !

( its so fun to play on that FIZIK site!)
I got the Chameleon blue. here is a pic.
I was so excited to get a box with something leather in it from Italy!!
I had to take the pic outside to get the lighting right. The snow is gone. I been on some good rides and so far the saddle is comfy. I love it.

Originally posted by Ted B
Just goes to show you there is no single optimum saddle for every ass. :p

Someone should develop a fitting tool that mounts to a seat post that measures the pressure points of the derriere of anyone who sits on it, then makes recommendations depending upon the result.

Investment opportunity anyone?

they have one for the mouth already for your bite. Its called a Tacx ?? something like that.

oh. for the fellow with the data ...

I am 118 pounds, 5'4'' and I have twiggy legs so the clearance of the flange isnt a problem as long as the sides are leather. (smoother)
kevlar sides, though tougher, just psych me out because they feel sticky to me. ( personal thing....kinda like Anquitel needing his water bottle in his jersey and not on the bike when he was climbing)
I noted on a review board that the Vitesse leather doesnt wear well. I'll have to find out for myself.

I hope they make duct tape in this color if that should happen. :)

ktm520:

I am a a recreational rider and have a great relationship with the owner of a LBS (read, I spend lots of money there :)). He originally set me up with the arione during a bike fitting. When it basically injured me, we reset to the alliante.

Moral of the story: support your LBS.

right on. i wish i had a lbs that was worth a **** and didn't try to bend you over every time you visit. i had to drive three hrs to get fitted for my cervelo.

With the SSM Aspide OEM saddle I had selected for my new frame, I had a lot of pain right on the edges of the sitzbones. The Aspide just doesn't seem wide enough for me, resulting in a lot of pressure right on the sharp edges of the saddle. After my first Century on the new bike weekend before last, I had red stripes and some loss of hide outlining those edges.

So, went out last Monday and got the Arione. It's just a bit wider, with more rounded edges, and more padding than the 160 gm Aspide. Still getting used to it, but I know it will be more comfortable already. Also a lot classier looking saddle with the fine leather and suede cover. The Arione seating position seems different than I'm used to, requiring a little bit of fiddling with the fore/aft adjustment and seat post height.

After my first Century