Frickin' hunters

"Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Kathleen found this in the back of the refrigerator:
<snip elks and dogs>

That is one of the funniest things I've ever read in my life. I literally burst out laughing when I
read the "lessons learned" toward the end. Now I just have to convince my wife to include it in our
Christmas letter!

Tom

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 01:12:47 +0000, MTBnRUN trails wrote:

>>And you would know that how? And six months is a long time, IMO.
>>

> Here in Michigan, where hunting AND mountain biking seem to coexist pretty well, we have a number
> of different hunting seasons. However, the only one that REALLY affects biking is firearm deer
> season -- November 15-30 -- 16 days. Not quite six months.

Well, in Belgium the season runs through from September to March and although it doesn't often
result in the closure of all the trails, choices are often limited during this period. However,
last weekend all the trails were closed at various points. Still got some riding in, but only about
20km or so.

> [email protected] (Reco Diver) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > Dave Worthless <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

<snip>

> > > you take the good with the bad. Given up a few weeks in order to lower species population,
> >
> > That's for sure ... every year they cull a couple of hunters from the population (always from
> > out of town for some reason).
>
> Usually Texans.

Now there you go just tryin to **** people off. I didn't even need to say "Texans" ... You
obviously knew ... Then again, except for hunting, they generally just pass right on through here
on their way to that under-populated ... easy livin ... cheap land .... unmatched majestic
landscape that is Colorado.

Believe the hype ... believe the hype ... just stop for fuel and keep headin' north. There is nothin
but a wasteland between Texas and Colorado.

BTW I have an article around here somewhere from Southern Utah/Arizona strip country that
recounts the "Tale of two Texans" ... out hunting mule deer on the north rim. Seems they came
into Knab claiming to have shot two of the biggest mule deer they had ever seen ... record
setters they were ...

Turned out they shot two pack mules.

[email protected] (Reco Diver) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (Reco Diver) wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > Dave Worthless <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
> <snip>

> > > That's for sure ... every year they cull a couple of hunters from the population (always from
> > > out of town for some reason).
> >
> > Usually Texans.
>
> Now there you go just tryin to **** people off. I didn't even need to say "Texans" ... You
> obviously knew ... Then again, except for hunting, they generally just pass right on through here
> on their way to that under-populated ... easy livin ... cheap land .... unmatched majestic
> landscape that is Colorado.
>
> Believe the hype ... believe the hype ... just stop for fuel and keep headin' north. There is
> nothin but a wasteland between Texas and Colorado.
>
> BTW I have an article around here somewhere from Southern Utah/Arizona strip country that
> recounts the "Tale of two Texans" ... out hunting mule deer on the north rim. Seems they came
> into Knab claiming to have shot two of the biggest mule deer they had ever seen ... record
> setters they were ...
>
> Turned out they shot two pack mules.

Sounds about right. My favorite recent story is that of Bubba One and Bubba Two, who stuck their
vehicles in an off-limits area near Silverton a couple of Summers ago. Fall on the Kaibab Plateau
can be peligroso, eh?

JD