Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Rsalk, May 21, 2003.

  1. Rsalk

    Rsalk Guest

    Please give me your honest opinion on the following bike. I rode this bike on some gravel roads this
    last weekend up in the mountains in Western Washington. I really liked it. How much would you pay
    for it? This is the description from the owner.

    This is a Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo.

    The bike is 7 years old (frame has some scratches from normal wear no major accidents) the other
    components are as follows:

    Handle bars- middle of the road for weight and price 5 years <100miles, no accidents Shifters- Top
    of the line Grip shift 5 years ago (8 speed, 200 miles, no accidents) Front derailleur -Shimano
    Alivia (entry level, 7 years, no problems or repairs needed) Rear Derailleur- Shimano XT (second
    only to XTR[racing], 5 years, no accidents Seat post- after market 5 years, adjusted alot for
    different riders, some scratches, no real damage Seat- 7 years old, couple of accidents , no repairs
    Pedals- 6 months, hardly used Cables- 6 months old, i have always replaced them annually no matter
    what. Brakes- Shimano XT V-brakes (second only to XTR[racing], 5 years, no accidents Wheels- Front
    (fisher hub 7 years araya rim, no major accidents 200 miles Rear (Shimano LX hub Mavic rim , no
    major accidents 150 miles

    All bottom line (hell- I'll clean it too) $300.00 Fancy wheels extra 150.00 Tires are Tioga Physco
    TT nylon tires and have over 200 miles on them but you rode with them fine.

    Tags:

  2. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    "RSALK" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | Please give me your honest opinion on the following bike. I rode this
    bike
    | on some gravel roads this last weekend up in the mountains in Western Washington. I really liked
    | it. How much would you pay for it? This is
    the
    | description from the owner.
    |
    | This is a Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo.
    |
    | The bike is 7 years old (frame has some scratches from normal wear no
    major
    | accidents) the other components are as follows:
    |
    | Handle bars- middle of the road for weight and price 5 years <100miles, no accidents Shifters- Top
    | of the line Grip shift 5 years ago (8 speed, 200 miles, no accidents) Front derailleur -Shimano
    | Alivia (entry level, 7 years, no problems or repairs needed) Rear Derailleur- Shimano XT (second
    | only to XTR[racing], 5 years, no accidents Seat post- after market 5 years, adjusted alot for
    | different riders, some scratches, no real damage Seat- 7 years old, couple of accidents , no
    | repairs Pedals- 6 months, hardly used Cables- 6 months old, i have always replaced them annually
    | no matter what. Brakes- Shimano XT V-brakes (second only to XTR[racing], 5 years, no accidents
    | Wheels- Front (fisher hub 7 years araya rim, no major accidents 200 miles Rear (Shimano LX hub
    | Mavic rim , no major accidents 150 miles
    |
    | All bottom line (hell- I'll clean it too) $300.00 Fancy wheels extra 150.00 Tires are Tioga Physco
    | TT nylon tires and have over 200 miles on them but you rode with them fine.

    In it's day, the HKK was a very fine CroMo bike. It's light, durable and rides really well. One
    thing to note, one of the one's I sold broke suddenly right behind the head tube on both the top
    and down tubes. The breaks were clean. The following model year there was a welded gusset to
    prevent this.

  3. Superslinky

    Superslinky Guest

    RSALK said...

    > All bottom line (hell- I'll clean it too) $300.00 Fancy wheels extra 150.00 Tires are Tioga Physco
    > TT nylon tires and have over 200 miles on them but you rode with them fine.

    You mean you don't get wheels with it? Whatever, it seems like a lot of money for a used old steel
    hardtail. I don't think you should pay over $200 for it _with_ decent wheels.

  4. RSALK wrote:

    > Please give me your honest opinion on the following bike. I rode this bike on some gravel roads
    > this last weekend up in the mountains in Western Washington. I really liked it. How much would you
    > pay for it? This is the description from the owner.
    >
    > This is a Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo.
    >
    > The bike is 7 years old (frame has some scratches from normal wear no major accidents) the other
    > components are as follows:
    >
    > Handle bars- middle of the road for weight and price 5 years <100miles, no accidents Shifters- Top
    > of the line Grip shift 5 years ago (8 speed, 200 miles, no accidents) Front derailleur -Shimano
    > Alivia (entry level, 7 years, no problems or repairs needed) Rear Derailleur- Shimano XT (second
    > only to XTR[racing], 5 years, no accidents Seat post- after market 5 years, adjusted alot for
    > different riders, some scratches, no real damage Seat- 7 years old, couple of accidents , no
    > repairs Pedals- 6 months, hardly used Cables- 6 months old, i have always replaced them annually
    > no matter what. Brakes- Shimano XT V-brakes (second only to XTR[racing], 5 years, no accidents
    > Wheels- Front (fisher hub 7 years araya rim, no major accidents 200 miles Rear (Shimano LX hub
    > Mavic rim , no major accidents 150 miles
    >
    > All bottom line (hell- I'll clean it too) $300.00 Fancy wheels extra 150.00 Tires are Tioga Physco
    > TT nylon tires and have over 200 miles on them but you rode with them fine.

    $225, WITH the better wheels.

    Barry