Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo

Rsalk

Guest
Please give me your honest opinion on the following bike. I rode this bike on some gravel roads this
last weekend up in the mountains in Western Washington. I really liked it. How much would you pay
for it? This is the description from the owner.

This is a Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo.

The bike is 7 years old (frame has some scratches from normal wear no major accidents) the other
components are as follows:

Handle bars- middle of the road for weight and price 5 years <100miles, no accidents Shifters- Top
of the line Grip shift 5 years ago (8 speed, 200 miles, no accidents) Front derailleur -Shimano
Alivia (entry level, 7 years, no problems or repairs needed) Rear Derailleur- Shimano XT (second
only to XTR[racing], 5 years, no accidents Seat post- after market 5 years, adjusted alot for
different riders, some scratches, no real damage Seat- 7 years old, couple of accidents , no repairs
Pedals- 6 months, hardly used Cables- 6 months old, i have always replaced them annually no matter
what. Brakes- Shimano XT V-brakes (second only to XTR[racing], 5 years, no accidents Wheels- Front
(fisher hub 7 years araya rim, no major accidents 200 miles Rear (Shimano LX hub Mavic rim , no
major accidents 150 miles

All bottom line (hell- I'll clean it too) $300.00 Fancy wheels extra 150.00 Tires are Tioga Physco
TT nylon tires and have over 200 miles on them but you rode with them fine.

"RSALK" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| Please give me your honest opinion on the following bike. I rode this
bike
| on some gravel roads this last weekend up in the mountains in Western Washington. I really liked
| it. How much would you pay for it? This is
the
| description from the owner.
|
| This is a Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo.
|
| The bike is 7 years old (frame has some scratches from normal wear no
major
| accidents) the other components are as follows:
|
| Handle bars- middle of the road for weight and price 5 years <100miles, no accidents Shifters- Top
| of the line Grip shift 5 years ago (8 speed, 200 miles, no accidents) Front derailleur -Shimano
| Alivia (entry level, 7 years, no problems or repairs needed) Rear Derailleur- Shimano XT (second
| only to XTR[racing], 5 years, no accidents Seat post- after market 5 years, adjusted alot for
| different riders, some scratches, no real damage Seat- 7 years old, couple of accidents , no
| repairs Pedals- 6 months, hardly used Cables- 6 months old, i have always replaced them annually
| no matter what. Brakes- Shimano XT V-brakes (second only to XTR[racing], 5 years, no accidents
| Wheels- Front (fisher hub 7 years araya rim, no major accidents 200 miles Rear (Shimano LX hub
| Mavic rim , no major accidents 150 miles
|
| All bottom line (hell- I'll clean it too) $300.00 Fancy wheels extra 150.00 Tires are Tioga Physco
| TT nylon tires and have over 200 miles on them but you rode with them fine.

In it's day, the HKK was a very fine CroMo bike. It's light, durable and rides really well. One
thing to note, one of the one's I sold broke suddenly right behind the head tube on both the top
and down tubes. The breaks were clean. The following model year there was a welded gusset to
prevent this.

RSALK said...

> All bottom line (hell- I'll clean it too) $300.00 Fancy wheels extra 150.00 Tires are Tioga Physco
> TT nylon tires and have over 200 miles on them but you rode with them fine.

You mean you don't get wheels with it? Whatever, it seems like a lot of money for a used old steel
hardtail. I don't think you should pay over $200 for it _with_ decent wheels.

RSALK wrote:

> Please give me your honest opinion on the following bike. I rode this bike on some gravel roads
> this last weekend up in the mountains in Western Washington. I really liked it. How much would you
> pay for it? This is the description from the owner.
>
> This is a Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo.
>
> The bike is 7 years old (frame has some scratches from normal wear no major accidents) the other
> components are as follows:
>
> Handle bars- middle of the road for weight and price 5 years <100miles, no accidents Shifters- Top
> of the line Grip shift 5 years ago (8 speed, 200 miles, no accidents) Front derailleur -Shimano
> Alivia (entry level, 7 years, no problems or repairs needed) Rear Derailleur- Shimano XT (second
> only to XTR[racing], 5 years, no accidents Seat post- after market 5 years, adjusted alot for
> different riders, some scratches, no real damage Seat- 7 years old, couple of accidents , no
> repairs Pedals- 6 months, hardly used Cables- 6 months old, i have always replaced them annually
> no matter what. Brakes- Shimano XT V-brakes (second only to XTR[racing], 5 years, no accidents
> Wheels- Front (fisher hub 7 years araya rim, no major accidents 200 miles Rear (Shimano LX hub
> Mavic rim , no major accidents 150 miles
>
> All bottom line (hell- I'll clean it too) $300.00 Fancy wheels extra 150.00 Tires are Tioga Physco
> TT nylon tires and have over 200 miles on them but you rode with them fine.

$225, WITH the better wheels.

Barry