Giant CRX1 vs Giant OCR2

I\am looking for a replacement for a silver Giant CRX1 (small frame) Stolen outside Sainsburys in Chiswick (Frame Number CZ519086) if anyone has it!!! Is the OCR2 a good equivalent?

Lesley2403 said:
I\am looking for a replacement for a silver Giant CRX1 (small frame) Stolen outside Sainsburys in Chiswick (Frame Number CZ519086) if anyone has it!!! Is the OCR2 a good equivalent?
The bastards!!!:mad: what rotten luck. I'm always aware that some ***** would want my beautiful bike too, so I keep it securely locked.

Go for another CRX1 unless you really want to go to the drop handle bars, which the OCR2 is.

Good luck

RidingPowerlift said:
I've had my 2006 CRX1 for about a year; what a great bike! I did have a problem at first with the Truvativ Elite compact crank, it started creaking and then went loose, ie, you could move it laterally. The bike shop got a replacement which was also an upgrade to the Rouleur, not had a problem with it since. I had the Utlegra 12-27 cassette from the start, great for getting up the hills! and not had a problem changing gear. I swapped the Easton stem for a BBB High Rise (35 degrees). I use it nearly every day to commute and weekends too and estimate it's done about 4000-5000 k's. I've had Conti gator skins on which were great for puncture resistance but now have Conti GP 4000 700-23, BRILLIANT! I love riding this bike and I'll be sixty next year but still manage to "burn-off" some of the young-uns on it!
I had the same problem with my Elita cranks too and replaced them under warranty with FSA Gossamer Cranks 34/50 chainrings. I heard that Truativ's new design is very problematic

Other things i've changed upgraded on my CRX1 06 include..
- Michelin Prorace 2 (23C) - major increase in speed!
- Ultegra 12-25 cassette
- EA70 90mm stem (vs original 100mm EA30 stem)
- Ski Bar Ends
- carbon fibre drink holders for bling factor
- Sigma computer with cadence
- also got extra set of R500 rims and fitted 28C Gatorskins for commuting
- did have EC90 flat bar but not compatible with bar ends

Thanks for your support. It's so nice when someone understands how you feel when you find your next best friend is taken from you. Unfortunately though it looks like I can't get a CRX1 (I loved it) and I dont fancy drop handlebars. As I am in London the nearest equivalent I found is FCR1. And with this one I plan to buy the best lock on the market. I've been told I should pay 10% of the bike's value. What do you reckon?:confused:

RidingPowerlift said:
The bastards!!!:mad: what rotten luck. I'm always aware that some ***** would want my beautiful bike too, so I keep it securely locked.

Go for another CRX1 unless you really want to go to the drop handle bars, which the OCR2 is.

Good luck