Good bicycles for kids

: I just ran across the trek bikes searching. I think this is very close
: to what my Dad wants to get the kids. If he follows pattern, he'll get
: a boy's bike that can be ridden by niece and then passed down to nephew
: .... I never had a "girls" bike ....
:
: Smart of them to make a kid's bike that is the adults model shrunk -
: create brand loyalty early ....

Today's bikes are just bikes. In the 60's a girl had to worry about riding a
"boy's bike" for fear she would be taunted or embarrassed. That stuff
doesn't happen anymore. When I see bikes in stores today, the only different
is the color selections. Frequently, girl's bikes come in pink and lavender
and boy's bikes in bolder colors. I think it's smart not to limit your
girl's choices. Don't even get her thinking she needs something "special"
because she's a girl. When she grows up and if she is short, then that's a
different matter. But not a single woman in my bike group rides a female
specific bicycle.

Pat in TX

She shows every sign of being as long legged as her 5'10" auntie. She's
also in dressage classes and riding one of the largest hirses at the
stable, no lack of leg