Good Summer Tops For Riding

Discussion in 'Women's Cycling' started by Clairelouise84, May 7, 2015.

1. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84 New Member

Can someone please advise on what kind of tops would be good for riding in the summer? I can't wear anything strappy or too low cut for obvious reasons but I would really like something that does not make me sweat like a beast after twenty seconds of pedalling. Any ideas please?

Tags:

2. kana_marie

kana_marie Member

I always wear wife beaters. Regardless of temperature it a wife beater. You should see my funky tan lines after summer. Lol

3. Dora M

Dora M Member

Why don't you get some unbleached cotton shirts, preferably of a light color? Make sure that they are light and breathable. Personally, I like red cotton shirts with a V-shape and very short sleeves. But during very hot days, I like to wear long sleeves and a hat with plenty of sun screen on my face, neck, hands and legs.
    At times, I also wear simple, long sleeved Indian shirts. They are very airy and comfortable. Also, you don't sweat too much in them.

4. Clairelouise84

Thank you, I will certainly give them a try! I will have to get a hat too as sun has not been an issue here until about yesterday! I have to say that Inidian tops are very comfortable and breathable so I will try them too as it could help stop UV rays too, or at least slow them down!

5. Clairelouise84

Had to look up what one of them was! I do wear them sometimes but I find them a bit tight and low, but a guys one might be better as it will be looser, higher and a bit more breathable I imagine.

6. jessicaemilya

jessicaemilya New Member

[SIZE=12pt]I mostly used the cotton clothes for summer, for riding in summer mostly I prefer cotton t-shirts with short sleeves and knee length shorts with sneakers. I think you definitely like this type of outfit, if possible try this once.[/SIZE]

cheap dresses online
    religion clothing

7. Eileen100

Eileen100 New Member

[SIZE=11pt]When riding in the summer I too like to go with something lightweight. Cotton always is my go to for that particular purpose; however I do own some biker gear. I like Lycra spandex it’s easy to ride in too. I sweat regardless of what I have on, I could be at the gym not doing anything super strenuous and I’m sweating. They say sweating is a good thing. I usually go with the Lycra ladies tank top and shorts. [/SIZE]

8. DancingLady

DancingLady Member

Linen is the best for staying cool, but silk is better for a sun shield. I would go with white or undyed (cream colored) linen for the coolest possible option.

9. katherine25

katherine25 Member

I love wearing under armer tank tops, I feel like I cant breath in anything else when its too hot outside.

10. Clairelouise84

Thanks guys I am gonna try everything to see what the best thing is thanks for all your suggestions, I have found adequate support for my chest now so finding top to fit should hopefully become lot easier!