Greipel vs. Cavendish.

LOL! Panties twisted so ungodly tight it ain't as funny anymore...his guy won and he's STILL raving mad...sad.

I haven't visited this thread in about a year but thought I'd take the bait...

Cav isn't the sharpest tool in the box, true. He is though relatively (read that again) modest given that he has been described as the "greatest sprinter in the history of road racing"1 and looks set to eventually beat Eddy Mercx record for the most TdF stage wins. He is an emotional little guy and sometimes speaks before thinking, especially at the end of a balls out sprint when some media goon sticks a mic under his nose. He is usually contrite in his official statements after the event. How many of us would be composed enough to come out with a perfect soundbite while we were trying to get our heartrate bellow 200BPM.

It's fun to knock the talented from behind a keyboard but give it 10 years and we'll all be looking back at the good 'ol rivalries between Cav and a blessed field of talented sprinters we have today. Enjoy him while he's hear 'cos we won't see his like again for a long time. Mark my words, he is one of the greatest talents in cycling history.

1 David Millar on BBC radio July 2011

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

LOL! Panties twisted so ungodly tight it ain't as funny anymore...his guy won and he's STILL raving mad...sad.

Not sure about your household Tony, but I don't wear panties...

What's sad is Farrar's "I'm going to go cry in my sandbox" interview after being beaten by Cav just after the Pyrenees. His voice was all shaking and his lip was about to quiver... someone go get mommy.