big talking Greipel, nice to see

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by thunder, Feb 26, 2008.

1. thunder

thunder New Member

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/feb08/feb26news2

Tags:

2. slovakguy

slovakguy Active Member

3. Drongo

Drongo New Member

It will be interesting to see what High Road's focus is in the GTs this year. Especially if Rogers is stung by the T-Mobile/Franke/Heidelberg thing, they might just become a sprint team. Plenty of options there, stage wins aplenty if they can get some teamwork going.

Greipel is easily ignored in a team with Cavendish and Ciolek--hey, even Eisel is there--but he made very good riders look pedestrian at the TDU. Good luck to him.

4. thunder

thunder New Member

I dont think he will be ignored after TDU, especially by the directeurs.

the guy showed Brown, Renshaw, Haussler, Mcewen, Davis a clean set of cleats.

Really just made them look a little silly in the sprints, it was almost embarrassing.

5. Grater

Grater New Member

Yeah, High Road has too many quality sprinters in the team. It's good to see Greipel being confident. He will have a good year if early season form is anything to go by. I was at the TDU and he made everyone look slow and second rate and he had good team backing by the likes of Eisel, Hendersen and Hansen.

Even if Rogers is stung by this whole thing, Kirchen can put in a good show for the TDF depending on his form. He also has the likes of Hincapie to help him too. Not sure on the other GT's. He did alright last year with very little help when he lost Rogers.

Considering Cavendish isn't starting the TDF, Greipel will be there in the team and dare I say it, will win a stage or two. Again Not sure on the plans for the other GT's. I think Cavendish will be at the Giro - I read it somewhere I think so he will be the main focus there.

Whoever is the main sprinter for the GT's, Eisel will be there helping them - especially in the TDF. So there is good support for the sprinters.

6. Grater

Grater New Member

I do agree with Greipel on the jersey. It is horrible. The black one is much better.

7. thunder

thunder New Member

Korff left, forgot where, perhaps Jartazi or C Jaques. Siedler at Skil.

They picked up Marcel Seiberg tho.