Hippies!!!

davidmc said:
They won't move it because the "Cheese eating peace monkeys" (Homer Simpson quote) need the tourism revenue :rolleyes:
i dont think morrisons tombs brings in a great deal of money compared to the traditional sites such as the Eiffel tower, arch de triumph, sacred heart etc..

davidmc said:
They won't move it because the "Cheese eating peace monkeys" (Homer Simpson quote) need the tourism revenue :rolleyes:
WHAT REVENUE?
I used to see these bums near our Bastille apartement in the Beau Veau food market.
Gorr any old fruit man? Givvus a bit of fruit man. We're starving man. Jim would av give us food man.
Now what was that about tourism revenue?
The nice bit was while they were sleeping in shop doorways, the water carts come round every night to swill down the streets, didn't the workers have some fun.

FredC said:
WHAT REVENUE?
I used to see these bums near our Bastille apartement in the Beau Veau food market.
Gorr any old fruit man? Givvus a bit of fruit man. We're starving man. Jim would av give us food man.
Now what was that about tourism revenue?
The nice bit was while they were sleeping in shop doorways, the water carts come round every night to swill down the streets, didn't the workers have some fun.
It would seem that, once again, you are correct. What will you do when all of the "hot", young hippie girls stop coming around :confused: I submit that you will miss them dearly.

davidmc said:
What will you do when all of the "hot", young hippie girls stop coming around :confused: I submit that you will miss them dearly.
I'll get the place de-loused and fumigated.

MountainPro said:
that explains why his trains are never on time...

its been many a year since i saw a hippie roaming free in this country....i thought they were all rounded up in the 80s and kept on special hippie farms to produce fodder for cows in the winter.

nah - they all moved here to Oregon. I'd still rather pass up a hippie than dodge a bike-hating redneck!

fatbottomedgirl said:
I'd still rather pass up a hippie than dodge a bike-hating redneck!
"pass up a hippie" ...what does that mean? sounds a bit iffy if you ask me.

i wouldnt **** on a hippie if he was on fire, save the social for the people who need it.

hi all, sorry I haven't posted in ages. snowboarding at lake tahoe for 2 weeks - thankfully, it was my first snowboard trip where I didn't break a single bone.

Interesting. this post seems to have given me a lot to think about. should "hard liquor" be illegal? I personally think that little bottles of cointreau are a guys best friend when he hits a tree on the slopes (that actually happened)

Hippies are the salt of the earth. :) I used to be a full time hippie, now i'm just part time. ;)

davidmc said:
Hippies are the salt of the earth. :) I used to be a full time hippie, now i'm just part time. ;)
so you used to be a sponging, work shy stoner with a painted face eating flowers and shagging all day?

which activity did you drop in order to become a part timer and actually contribute positively to society?

MountainPro said:
so you used to be a sponging, work shy stoner with a painted face eating flowers and shagging all day?

which activity did you drop in order to become a part timer and actually contribute positively to society?
No, I worked my **** off but I also rewarded myself for it. I was a "pro"-second amendment, stoner who liked to watch clint eastwood movies, mtv, go camping & ride bikes. Enlisting in the military put an end to my "stoner" days. Now I work full-time, go to night school, ride bikes & wait & watch, in horror, for the bush admin.'s next blunder.

davidmc said:
No, I worked my **** off but I also rewarded myself for it. I was a "pro"-second amendment, stoner who liked to watch clint eastwood movies, mtv, go camping & ride bikes.
You forgot Rin Tin Tin and Lassie :D

zapper said:
You forgot Rin Tin Tin and Lassie :D
Just because I am a canine does not mean I automatically cater to "pooch theater". Let the record reflect that please.

MountainPro said:
"pass up a hippie" ...what does that mean? sounds a bit iffy if you ask me.

i wouldnt **** on a hippie if he was on fire, save the social for the people who need it.
'help needed dating old bike' there is another one, in the Cafe.

i would have thought a few flowers, chocks, get her drunk and she is yours...

infact, you dont need to bother with the flowers and chocks if youre really skint.

lokstah said:
Hippies? There are no more hippies. Ok, that's not true; I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, where many of the hippies of yester-year decided to remain, and I suppose they're still around, but they're doing other things: "hippy" is a dated lifestyle term, like "flapper."
I am a old hippy with a hippy gIrlfriend ........ I met her in San Fransico in 1969 and re-connected with her 3 years ago.... We have moved on from the days of the 60's ..... I own a BMW, I am in the top 5% of the income bracket , and only have to work 3 hours a day. Still have my ponytail, my Grateful Dead albums , and try to eat healthy foods.........
Cycling and hippies....... Back when cycling had it's comeback in the early 70's it was the hipppies for the most part that was into bikes...... I have to laugh at the doping scandals today .......I remember the trips home from the races ,,,,,, I do not think that our choices were "performance-enhancing " though.....
I still ride ....... 2 hours a day.....
The "New Age Hippies" are ok..... They are not to be confused with the Rasta guys though ......
In a post here I read where Jim Morrison was a deep thinker type of guy ...... No way...... I loved his music , I saw him live a few times ..... But he was a man who loved to be wasted..... What the young need to realize is that musicians do not have the answer to the problems in society...... Our politicians and leaders make things happen......... They need to follow what is really happening and not try to bring the 60's back ......

wolfix said:
I am a old hippy with a hippy gIrlfriend ........ I met her in San Fransico in 1969 and re-connected with her 3 years ago.... We have moved on from the days of the 60's ..... I own a BMW, I am in the top 5% of the income bracket , and only have to work 3 hours a day. Still have my ponytail, my Grateful Dead albums , and try to eat healthy foods.........
Cycling and hippies....... Back when cycling had it's comeback in the early 70's it was the hipppies for the most part that was into bikes...... I have to laugh at the doping scandals today .......I remember the trips home from the races ,,,,,, I do not think that our choices were "performance-enhancing " though.....
I still ride ....... 2 hours a day.....
The "New Age Hippies" are ok..... They are not to be confused with the Rasta guys though ......
In a post here I read where Jim Morrison was a deep thinker type of guy ...... No way...... I loved his music , I saw him live a few times ..... But he was a man who loved to be wasted..... What the young need to realize is that musicians do not have the answer to the problems in society...... Our politicians and leaders make things happen......... They need to follow what is really happening and not try to bring the 60's back ......
OH, IT'S BRAIN DEAD OZZIE. DREAMING ABOUT A BIKE.

davidmc said:
No, I worked my **** off but I also rewarded myself for it. I was a "pro"-second amendment, stoner who liked to watch clint eastwood movies, mtv, go camping & ride bikes. Enlisting in the military put an end to my "stoner" days. Now I work full-time, go to night school, ride bikes & wait & watch, in horror, for the bush admin.'s next blunder.
Not much chance of getting a career started at your age then?

Never had any views one way or another about Hippies.

I thought that what they espoused was quite noble and utopian, in fact.
I can't say that they ever caused any harm with what they espoused.

The music they inspired was superb too.
Grateful Dead, Buffalo Springfield, CSN&Y, Joni Mitchell, Canned Heat, Country
Joe McDonald & the Fish.
Great music.

limerickman said:
Never had any views one way or another about Hippies.
Neither did I. Don't remember any of them applying for a job with me.

FredC said:
Neither did I. Don't remember any of them applying for a job with me.
They probably do not want a corporate job sitting in a cubicle all day .....

limerickman said:
The music they inspired was superb too.
Grateful Dead, Buffalo Springfield, CSN&Y, Joni Mitchell, Canned Heat, Country
Joe McDonald & the Fish.
Great music.

Janis , New Riders of the Purple Sage, ...... See Limerickman , there is something we agree on ......