Hoosier MTB'ers?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by T_blood, May 7, 2003.

  1. T_blood

    T_blood Guest

    I'm planning on possibly going back to my home state of Indiana and am curious if anyone can tell me
    how the biking scene is there? Especially the south central portion. Unfortunately when I lived
    there before I wasn't into biking, so I have no idea.....Mike

    Tags:

  2. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'm planning on possibly going back to my home state of Indiana and am curious if anyone can tell
    > me how the biking scene is there? Especially the south central portion. Unfortunately when I lived
    > there before I wasn't into biking, so I have no idea.....Mike

    What's a hoser? Bob and Doug McKenzie?

    JD

  3. T_blood

    T_blood Guest

    > "T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I'm planning on possibly going back to my home state of Indiana and am curious if anyone can
    > > tell me how the biking scene is there? Especially
    the
    > > south central portion. Unfortunately when I lived there before I wasn't
    into
    > > biking, so I have no idea.....Mike
    >
    > What's a hoser? Bob and Doug McKenzie?
    >
    > JD

    More like Bob Knight and basketball.....brother :)

  4. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > I'm planning on possibly going back to my home state of Indiana and am curious if anyone can
    > > > tell me how the biking scene is there? Especially
    > the
    > > > south central portion. Unfortunately when I lived there before I wasn't
    > into
    > > > biking, so I have no idea.....Mike
    > >
    > > What's a hoser? Bob and Doug McKenzie?
    > >
    > > JD
    >
    > More like Bob Knight and basketball.....brother :)

    You mean that classless asshole who throws chairs and could learn about basketball and manners from
    Dean Smith?

    JDheel

  5. T_blood

    T_blood Guest

    > "T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > "T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    Especially
    > > the
    > > into
    > > >
    > > > What's a hoser? Bob and Doug McKenzie?
    > > >
    > > > JD
    > >
    > > More like Bob Knight and basketball.....brother :)
    >
    > You mean that classless asshole who throws chairs and could learn about basketball and manners
    > from Dean Smith?
    >
    > JDheel

    The one and only.

  6. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    > "T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > "T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    Especially
    > > the
    > > into
    > > >
    > > > What's a hoser? Bob and Doug McKenzie?
    > > >
    > > > JD
    > >
    > > More like Bob Knight and basketball.....brother :)
    >
    > You mean that classless asshole who throws chairs and could learn about basketball and manners
    > from Dean Smith?
    >
    > JDheel

    Oh my God, I never had a reason to dislike you 'til now. Are you a TarHole fan?

    (Spoken like a true '83 NC State alumnus)

    --
    - Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

  7. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > "T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > am
    > Especially the
    > wasn't into

    > > > More like Bob Knight and basketball.....brother :)
    > >
    > > You mean that classless asshole who throws chairs and could learn about basketball and manners
    > > from Dean Smith?
    > >
    > > JDheel
    >
    > Oh my God, I never had a reason to dislike you 'til now. Are you a TarHole fan?
    >
    > (Spoken like a true '83 NC State alumnus)

    So, do you have a Jimmy V shrine in your house as well, or just the Dale Earnhardt?

    JD

  8. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    bruce edge wrote:
    > On Thu, 08 May 2003 13:57:21 -0800, James Connell wrote:
    >

    >>bruce edge wrote:
    >>
    >>>Seems like no matter how often I change chains, they don't mesh with the old cassette. They
    >>>always do that quasi-shifting crap under a load. I know it's from the burrs on the side of the
    >>>cassette's teeth, but shouldn't you be able to get a cassette to last a couple of chains?
    >>>
    >>>I'm using XT 9sp cassettes with sram chains.
    >>>
    >>>-Bruce
    >>
    >>changing chain is like changing the oil in a car - the more often you change it the longer the
    >>rest of the drive train will last.
    >>
    >>if you put a new chain on a worn cogset the chain simply wears to fit the cogs and it does it Very
    >>quickly! put a new cogset on with a new chain and change the chain as soon as it shows signs of
    >>wear. check with a 1foot metal rule place one end of the rule against a chain pin, strech the
    >>chain tight - if you can see more than 1mm of pin exposed at the other end of the rule it's time
    >>for a new chain.
    >

    > I always get the burrs growing off the sides of the teeth of my cassette before the chain
    > shows any wear. Do XTR cassettes have harder teeth than XT? The XT ones really seem to be made
    > of cheese.
    >
    > -Bruce

    You need to spend some time to learn to shift properly. XT cassettes are pretty strong unless you
    always shift under power -- then no cassette'll last. You'll probably bend the XTR titanium gears
    (the biggest 3) if that's the way you shift (if not, sorry about the rant :)).

    David