How many miles?

Bikelyst

Dec 29, 2006
For most of us the cycling season has come to a close and I was wondering what your odometers read at the end of the season. How many miles did you ride this year?

It was my first year and I logged about 1500 miles on my Fuji.

Bikelyst said:
For most of us the cycling season has come to a close and I was wondering what your odometers read at the end of the season. How many miles did you ride this year?

11,000 km (approx 6900 miles)
(but the weather here lets me ride virtually all year)

Scotty

You're lucky, :mad: the riding season lasts from about February/March to October/November, depending on how brave you are of course.;)

Being in Wisconsin, I figured your season would be from June to September - you are a lot tougher than I am... :)

hehe....I have some cheap cold weather gear, but believe me....I went for a ride on Thanksgiving Day and that was not fun. I spent the entire way home off my handlebars, trying to warm my hands up. And I had to walk my bike through some snowdrifts. :) Oh, and a couple of weeks later I went for a ride in mid-December, but we're having a relatively warm winter up here for the most part.:D

I live in NW WI and the time frame I usually ride is from April to late October or early November. I logged 2003 miles on the road bike, another 65 on a tandem and 115 on my mountain bike. I only got out on the road bike one time in October, but in the years past I have rode into late Oct and early Nov. My last ride on the mountain bike was Dec. 19th. That was a fun ride as the ground was froze and there was no snow. Normally we have a couple feet of snow by now.

Bikelyst said:

Just under 4,000km since February. I had all of May off with a broken knee, so I was surprised how much I ended up doing - I've never counted before!

About 14,000 km or 8700 miles. That's the most I've ever done, and I think I'll be able to increase that this year because my endurance has improved.

-bikeguy

7123 miles (11463 km). Had a bad wreck in early November and buggered my left rotator cuff ( :( ), which I thought was going to drop me to under 7k; but the weather has been a bit milder than usual, enabling to ride a bit more ride time than usual while babying it.

well i road prolly around 2,000 i want to do more in the 07 season but 2 jobs took it's tole on me.... i also live in WI

scotty72 said:
11,000 km (approx 6900 miles)
(but the weather here lets me ride virtually all year)

Scotty
Me similar to Scotty.

Thats pretty impressive Scotty, did you include your spin classes ?

mikesbytes said:
Me similar to Scotty.

Thats pretty impressive Scotty, did you include your spin classes ?
No, I've no way of knowing how far (equiv) I travel in the spin class.

I've not gone for about a month now. I got pretty ill in early December then Xmas kinda got in the way. Back into it in the next few days.

Scotty

scotty72 said:
No, I've no way of knowing how far (equiv) I travel in the spin class.

I've not gone for about a month now. I got pretty ill in early December then Xmas kinda got in the way. Back into it in the next few days.

Scotty
mmm, how do you measure spin classes. Actual physical distance is zero k's. I guess its similar to the k's you would of travelled on the road in the same time, use some simple figure like 30kmh or what ever. Which instructures have you had ?

Bikelyst said:

I started riding this year (late May) and logged about 2600 miles. Still riding down here in Georgia. Rode yesterday, New Years Day, but we got wet during part of the ride. Still lots of fun!

I started riding earlier this year, so I only have about 800 miles logged...

6,119 miles for the calendar year 2006.

We don't enjoy good cycling weather here in Ireland - but I try to do my bit.
In addition, I never commute by bike (I either walk or use public transport - and as a very last resort I will drive my car) - I ride my bike to train or to take part in cycling events.

13,757 Km (about 8,550 miles)

I don't have time to ride more, I would like it, but I don't have it.

Hope 2007 will be a good year for all of us here.

Regards

Well work kept me off the bike more than usual from late July to October, so I did about 3000 miles this year. I normally clock about 5000. I do spin classes as well, and they feel about at a 20+ mph average so I clock them at 20 miles for a 1 hour class. Counting the spin classes that's typically another 1500 miles.

Here's to the New Year and everyone's fitness plans coming to fruition.