Hydration

Tamyka Bell said:
jcjordan wrote:

> EuanB Wrote:
> > I'm going to be doing longer rides on the road bike and two bidons just
> > isn't enough. I've got three options.
> >
> > Hydration pack, behind seat carrier (possible problems with under seat
> > bag?) and stopping and refilling.
> >
> > I'm leaning very heavily towards a hydration pack. They're a lot more
> > convenient to use than bidons, they're comfy and I can't see a reason
> > NOT to use one.
> >
> > So why aren't more people using them? What am I missing?

> Because they are really hot and uncomfortable on long rides; plus on a
> road bike they dont sit well while on the hoods.

Wow, you must have a really **** hydration pack!

Tam
The one I own is a Hydrasack, its a backpack that incorportate two 1.5l bladders. When I use to MTB it was fine, it has all the good stuff like back webbing which is seperated off your back to allow airflow, chest strap, waist strap, etc. I have just found it, and to a lesser extent the smaller ones, annoying on a road bike. They restrict your access to jersey pockets, create a lot of wind resistance and restrict the ability to remove sweat from pooling in my jersey.