I do NOT want my tax dollars to go to New Orleans.

crit PRO wrote:
> It's like pouring money down the toilet.

YOUR tax dollars? Don't you mean Fuentes' tax dollars?

Carl Sundquist wrote:
> crit PRO wrote:
> > It's like pouring money down the toilet.

> YOUR tax dollars? Don't you mean Fuentes' tax dollars?

POTM

id almost wish that you and your family would go through what my family
just went through--losing everything (including my dads new bike ;-[ )

-b

[email protected] wrote:
> id almost wish that you and your family would go through what my family
> just went through--losing everything (including my dads new bike ;-[ )
>
> -b

Nope CritPuke would rather have them go here:
http://www.reason.com/links/links090205.shtml
The Big Easy vs. the Last Frontier
How America's piggiest state can help get New Orleans back on its feet
Sick ****
Bill C

crit PRO wrote:
> It's like pouring money down the toilet.

http://tinyurl.com/9cphr
This is the paragraph that really gets me:

Brown, the director of FEMA since April 2003, conceded that all the
resources that the agency had positioned before the storm were
overwhelmed and that he did not anticipate the total lack of
communications.
End quote.
Well, that would've taken tons of foresight right?
He might have failed that,badly, that wouldn't be any surprise but
options were availible.
I KNOW from experience that the USAF has combat comm, units that can
hook you up from anywhere in a heartbeat, starting with immediate
satelite for emergency response and going down the line from there.
This was my job, we were air mobile to anyplace on the planet and could
have comm. in 24 hrs anywhere in the world, and where we couldn't,
special ops teams could get in and set up satellite until we got there.
This is MORE BS.
Bill C

Bill C wrote:

> Brown, the director of FEMA since April 2003, conceded that all the
> resources that the agency had positioned before the storm were
> overwhelmed and that he did not anticipate the total lack of
> communications.
> End quote.
> Well, that would've taken tons of foresight right?

On the other hand, we mustn't be too harsh. I understand that thus far no
Arabian horses have died from Katrina.

--
"Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job."

"Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> crit PRO wrote:
>> It's like pouring money down the toilet.

> http://tinyurl.com/9cphr
> This is the paragraph that really gets me:
>
> Brown, the director of FEMA since April 2003, conceded that all the
> resources that the agency had positioned before the storm were
> overwhelmed and that he did not anticipate the total lack of
> communications.
> End quote.
> Well, that would've taken tons of foresight right?
> He might have failed that,badly, that wouldn't be any surprise but
> options were availible.
> I KNOW from experience that the USAF has combat comm, units that can
> hook you up from anywhere in a heartbeat, starting with immediate
> satelite for emergency response and going down the line from there.
> This was my job, we were air mobile to anyplace on the planet and could
> have comm. in 24 hrs anywhere in the world, and where we couldn't,
> special ops teams could get in and set up satellite until we got there.
> This is MORE BS.
> Bill C

From the Times-Picayune:
Landrieu slams FEMA

WASHINGTON - U.S. Senator Mary Landrieu, D-La., Saturday accused the
Federal Emergency Management Agency of failing to accept offers that
would have eased post-hurricane problems in New Orleans -- including a plan
for the Forest Service to douse fires in the city with aircraft used to
fight fire.

On Friday, Landrieu asked President Bush to appoint a cabinet-level official
to oversee Hurricane Katrina relief and recovery efforts. She reiterated
that request on Saturday.

"Yesterday, I was hoping President Bush would come away from his tour
of the regional devastation triggered by Hurricane Katrina with a new
understanding for the magnitude of the suffering and for the abject
failures of the current Federal Emergency Management Agency,"
Landrieu said. "Twenty-four hours later, the President has yet to answer my
call for a cabinet-level official to lead our efforts. Meanwhile, FEMA,
now a shell of what it once was, continues to be overwhelmed by the task at
hand.

Landrieu said that FEMA has inexplicably failed to take advantage of offers
of help.

"I understand that the U.S. Forest Service had water-tanker aircraft
available to help douse the fires raging on our riverfront, but FEMA has yet
to accept the aid. When Amtrak offered trains to evacuate significant
numbers of victims - far more efficiently than buses - FEMA again dragged
its feet," Landrieu said. "Offers of medicine, communications equipment and
other desperately needed items continue to flow in, only to be ignored by
the agency.

Landrieu said that her "greatest disappointment" is the lack of progress
fixing the breached 17th Street levee.

"Touring this critical site yesterday with the President, I saw what I
believed to be a real and significant effort to get a handle on a major
cause of this catastrophe. Flying over this critical spot again this
morning, less than 24 hours later, it became apparent that yesterday we
witnessed a hastily prepared stage set for a presidential photo opportunity;
and the desperately needed resources we saw were this morning reduced to a
single, lonely piece of equipment. The good and decent people of southeast
Louisiana and the Gulf Coast - black and white, rich and poor, young and
old - deserve far better from their national government," Landrieu said.

Michael Chertoff, secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, which
is directing FEMA in its recovery efforts in New Orleans, has said that the
federal government is committing more and more resources to what is
the worst natural disaster in the nation's history.

"Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in news:1125786936.379327.50860
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> crit PRO wrote:
>> It's like pouring money down the toilet.

> http://tinyurl.com/9cphr
> This is the paragraph that really gets me:
>
> Brown, the director of FEMA since April 2003, conceded that all the
> resources that the agency had positioned before the storm were
> overwhelmed and that he did not anticipate the total lack of
> communications.
> End quote.
> Well, that would've taken tons of foresight right?
> He might have failed that,badly, that wouldn't be any surprise but
> options were availible.
> I KNOW from experience that the USAF has combat comm, units that can
> hook you up from anywhere in a heartbeat, starting with immediate
> satelite for emergency response and going down the line from there.
> This was my job, we were air mobile to anyplace on the planet and could
> have comm. in 24 hrs anywhere in the world, and where we couldn't,
> special ops teams could get in and set up satellite until we got there.
> This is MORE BS.

Brown is conveniently ignoring that because he wants to earn his own
medal of Freedom just like George Tenant.

NS