In the News: Jeanson left off Athens team

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jason Spaceman, Jul 12, 2004.

  1. From the article:
    ----------------------------
    Cyclist's been dogged by controversy

    Her place to be filled by Manon Jutras

    RANDY STARKMAN
    SPORTS REPORTER

    Cyclist Genevieve Jeanson, dogged by doping suspicions and controversy all season,
    has been left off the Canadian Olympic team headed for Athens.

    A former double world junior champion once considered the future bright light of
    Canadian cycling, the 22-year-old from Lachine, Que., was the only rider with a
    World Cup victory this season, but she had performed poorly otherwise and was likely
    hurt by the perception she's not a team player.

    Jeanson was rejected for the third and final spot on the women's road race team in
    favour of Manon Jutras of Drummondville, Que., who also struggled this season but
    looked strong in finishing second behind Lyne Bessette of Knowlton, Que., at the
    recent national championships in Kamloops, B.C.

    Ironically, Jutras was helped along at the nationals by Bessette, who desperately
    wanted to keep Jeanson off the team.

    The two are hated rivals. They feuded at the 2000 Sydney Olympics, where Bessette
    blamed Jeanson for messing up her chances by leading a chase group against her when
    she was in front during the race. Bessette also gloated when Jeanson was pulled from
    the world championships in Hamilton last year after failing a blood test.
    -----------------------------

    Read it at http://tinyurl.com/4mney

    J. Spaceman

    --
    My email address ([email protected]) is fake. Email sent to it will
    only get caught in my spam tarpit.

    Tags:

  2. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    "Jason Spaceman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > From the article:
    > ----------------------------
    > Cyclist's been dogged by controversy
    >
    > Her place to be filled by Manon Jutras
    >
    > RANDY STARKMAN
    > SPORTS REPORTER
    >
    > Cyclist Genevieve Jeanson, dogged by doping suspicions and controversy all

    season,
    > has been left off the Canadian Olympic team headed for Athens.
    >
    > A former double world junior champion once considered the future bright

    light of
    > Canadian cycling, the 22-year-old from Lachine, Que., was the only rider

    with a
    > World Cup victory this season, but she had performed poorly otherwise and

    was likely
    > hurt by the perception she's not a team player.
    >
    > Jeanson was rejected for the third and final spot on the women's road race

    team in
    > favour of Manon Jutras of Drummondville, Que., who also struggled this

    season but
    > looked strong in finishing second behind Lyne Bessette of Knowlton, Que.,

    at the
    > recent national championships in Kamloops, B.C.
    >
    > Ironically, Jutras was helped along at the nationals by Bessette, who

    desperately
    > wanted to keep Jeanson off the team.
    >
    > The two are hated rivals. They feuded at the 2000 Sydney Olympics, where

    Bessette
    > blamed Jeanson for messing up her chances by leading a chase group against

    her when
    > she was in front during the race. Bessette also gloated when Jeanson was

    pulled from
    > the world championships in Hamilton last year after failing a blood test.
    > -----------------------------
    >
    > Read it at http://tinyurl.com/4mney
    >

    > J. Spaceman

    That's a shame. Like I said, What's going on with Jeanson?

  3. Dave H

    Dave H Guest

    "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Jason Spaceman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > From the article:
    > > ----------------------------
    > > Cyclist's been dogged by controversy
    > >
    > > Her place to be filled by Manon Jutras
    > >
    > > RANDY STARKMAN
    > > SPORTS REPORTER
    > >
    > > Cyclist Genevieve Jeanson, dogged by doping suspicions and controversy

    all
    > season,
    > > has been left off the Canadian Olympic team headed for Athens.
    > >
    > > A former double world junior champion once considered the future bright

    > light of
    > > Canadian cycling, the 22-year-old from Lachine, Que., was the only rider

    > with a
    > > World Cup victory this season, but she had performed poorly otherwise

    and
    > was likely
    > > hurt by the perception she's not a team player.
    > >
    > > Jeanson was rejected for the third and final spot on the women's road

    race
    > team in
    > > favour of Manon Jutras of Drummondville, Que., who also struggled this

    > season but
    > > looked strong in finishing second behind Lyne Bessette of Knowlton,

    Que.,
    > at the
    > > recent national championships in Kamloops, B.C.
    > >
    > > Ironically, Jutras was helped along at the nationals by Bessette, who

    > desperately
    > > wanted to keep Jeanson off the team.
    > >
    > > The two are hated rivals. They feuded at the 2000 Sydney Olympics, where

    > Bessette
    > > blamed Jeanson for messing up her chances by leading a chase group

    against
    > her when
    > > she was in front during the race. Bessette also gloated when Jeanson was

    > pulled from
    > > the world championships in Hamilton last year after failing a blood

    test.
    > > -----------------------------
    > >
    > > Read it at http://tinyurl.com/4mney
    > >

    > > J. Spaceman

    > That's a shame. Like I said, What's going on with Jeanson?

    Uhhh Duh..
    Dave

  4. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "Sierraman" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > That's a shame. Like I said, What's going on with Jeanson?

    In two words: André Aubut.

    --
    tanx,
    Howard

    So far, so good, so what?

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  5. Can you fake a WADA protocol?
    Can you fake a UCI one?

  6. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    Sierraman wrote:

    > That's a shame. Like I said, What's going on with Jeanson?

    It's a shame that she won't be racing on a course that doesn't suit her?