In the News: Jeanson left off Athens team

Jason Spaceman

Guest
From the article:
----------------------------
Cyclist's been dogged by controversy

Her place to be filled by Manon Jutras

RANDY STARKMAN
SPORTS REPORTER

Cyclist Genevieve Jeanson, dogged by doping suspicions and controversy all season,
has been left off the Canadian Olympic team headed for Athens.

A former double world junior champion once considered the future bright light of
Canadian cycling, the 22-year-old from Lachine, Que., was the only rider with a
World Cup victory this season, but she had performed poorly otherwise and was likely
hurt by the perception she's not a team player.

Jeanson was rejected for the third and final spot on the women's road race team in
favour of Manon Jutras of Drummondville, Que., who also struggled this season but
looked strong in finishing second behind Lyne Bessette of Knowlton, Que., at the
recent national championships in Kamloops, B.C.

Ironically, Jutras was helped along at the nationals by Bessette, who desperately
wanted to keep Jeanson off the team.

The two are hated rivals. They feuded at the 2000 Sydney Olympics, where Bessette
blamed Jeanson for messing up her chances by leading a chase group against her when
she was in front during the race. Bessette also gloated when Jeanson was pulled from
the world championships in Hamilton last year after failing a blood test.
-----------------------------

Read it at http://tinyurl.com/4mney

J. Spaceman

--
My email address ([email protected]) is fake. Email sent to it will
only get caught in my spam tarpit.

"Jason Spaceman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> From the article:
> ----------------------------
> Cyclist's been dogged by controversy
>
> Her place to be filled by Manon Jutras
>
> RANDY STARKMAN
> SPORTS REPORTER
>
> Cyclist Genevieve Jeanson, dogged by doping suspicions and controversy all

season,
> has been left off the Canadian Olympic team headed for Athens.
>
> A former double world junior champion once considered the future bright

light of
> Canadian cycling, the 22-year-old from Lachine, Que., was the only rider

with a
> World Cup victory this season, but she had performed poorly otherwise and

was likely
> hurt by the perception she's not a team player.
>
> Jeanson was rejected for the third and final spot on the women's road race

team in
> favour of Manon Jutras of Drummondville, Que., who also struggled this

season but
> looked strong in finishing second behind Lyne Bessette of Knowlton, Que.,

at the
> recent national championships in Kamloops, B.C.
>
> Ironically, Jutras was helped along at the nationals by Bessette, who

desperately
> wanted to keep Jeanson off the team.
>
> The two are hated rivals. They feuded at the 2000 Sydney Olympics, where

Bessette
> blamed Jeanson for messing up her chances by leading a chase group against

her when
> she was in front during the race. Bessette also gloated when Jeanson was

pulled from
> the world championships in Hamilton last year after failing a blood test.
> -----------------------------
>
> Read it at http://tinyurl.com/4mney
>

> J. Spaceman

That's a shame. Like I said, What's going on with Jeanson?

"Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Jason Spaceman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > From the article:
> > ----------------------------
> > Cyclist's been dogged by controversy
> >
> > Her place to be filled by Manon Jutras
> >
> > RANDY STARKMAN
> > SPORTS REPORTER
> >
> > Cyclist Genevieve Jeanson, dogged by doping suspicions and controversy

all
> season,
> > has been left off the Canadian Olympic team headed for Athens.
> >
> > A former double world junior champion once considered the future bright

> light of
> > Canadian cycling, the 22-year-old from Lachine, Que., was the only rider

> with a
> > World Cup victory this season, but she had performed poorly otherwise

and
> was likely
> > hurt by the perception she's not a team player.
> >
> > Jeanson was rejected for the third and final spot on the women's road

race
> team in
> > favour of Manon Jutras of Drummondville, Que., who also struggled this

> season but
> > looked strong in finishing second behind Lyne Bessette of Knowlton,

Que.,
> at the
> > recent national championships in Kamloops, B.C.
> >
> > Ironically, Jutras was helped along at the nationals by Bessette, who

> desperately
> > wanted to keep Jeanson off the team.
> >
> > The two are hated rivals. They feuded at the 2000 Sydney Olympics, where

> Bessette
> > blamed Jeanson for messing up her chances by leading a chase group

against
> her when
> > she was in front during the race. Bessette also gloated when Jeanson was

> pulled from
> > the world championships in Hamilton last year after failing a blood

test.
> > -----------------------------
> >
> > Read it at http://tinyurl.com/4mney
> >

> > J. Spaceman

> That's a shame. Like I said, What's going on with Jeanson?

Uhhh Duh..
Dave

In article <[email protected]>, "Sierraman" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> That's a shame. Like I said, What's going on with Jeanson?

In two words: André Aubut.

--
tanx,
Howard

So far, so good, so what?

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Can you fake a WADA protocol?
Can you fake a UCI one?

Sierraman wrote:

> That's a shame. Like I said, What's going on with Jeanson?

It's a shame that she won't be racing on a course that doesn't suit her?