Increase power in WKO+

grahamspringett

Feb 26, 2004
I recorded an increase in FTP last week and modified my limits in CyclingPeaks WKO+ and put the date of the increase. I presume that from that date on all my charts and so on will reflect the increases.

I ask this as I did a VO2 level 5 interval session last night and managed to stay in my zone apart from the odd burst of enthusiasm chasing Danilo di Luca across Italy in this year's Giro. My chart shows I spent some time in zone 5 but the majority in Zone 6. Now this would be the case in my old limits but not in my new.

Have I done something wrong? I've gone to my home page, changed the FTP setting and set an effective date. Is there something else I ned to do?

OK, it's been a while. Forgot you had to tell the program to update levels from the little pop-up menu. RTFM, I guess...

Right, thread over, move along.

grahamspringett said:
OK, it's been a while. Forgot you had to tell the program to update levels from the little pop-up menu. RTFM, I guess...

Right, thread over, move along.
There's more to it than changing the figure in the Power Training Zones box on the athlete home page?

serpico7 said:
There's more to it than changing the figure in the Power Training Zones box on the athlete home page?
Yes. You need to select the Option for new zones. That will mark today as the date of change and then you input new FTP. If you want to back date the change, then use the back arrow and reset the finishing date for the previous FTP.

Alex Simmons said:
Yes. You need to select the Option for new zones. That will mark today as the date of change and then you input new FTP. If you want to back date the change, then use the back arrow and reset the finishing date for the previous FTP.
Got it, thanks.