Internal cables on an Allez

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Charlie M, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Charlie M

Charlie M New Member

I have a 2013 Allez, and this will be my bike for a while. I was wondering if anyone tried to run the cables internally through the frame. I have a few concerns like voiding the frame warranty and cable knocking actually being louder in the frame. Thoughts?

I am not sure this has any other purpose other than I am bored and thinking about dumb stuff to do to it and I really like the clean look of internal cables.

Tags:

2. alfeng

alfeng Well-Known Member

FWIW. Drilling holes in your Allez frame will definitely void your warranty ...

Regardless, it isn't for me to suggest to someone else how their frame should look, BUT I would think that unless you (minimally) re-enforce the holes with grommets of some sort then you may be looking at buying a replacement frame at some future point in time ...

• If you want to clean up the look of your Allez frame, then remove the derailleurs & rear brake & turn your bike into a Single Speed FIXIE ... AFTER you are satisfied that a single gear works for you, then carefully file off any of the cable stops ...
    • re-paint the frame as necessary.

3. mpre53

mpre53 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't do it, Charlie.