It's not looking good for the Aussies..

hippy

Sep 5, 2003
"The Athens Olympics campaign of the 2002 world keirin champion, Australia's Jobie Dajka, is once again under threat following the release of a report claiming that the cyclist made "untruthful denials" to a specially appointed enquiry headed by the retired Supreme Court Justice, Robert Anderson, QC.

Dajka has 24 hours to explain the alleged inconsistencies in his evidence before the Anderson inquiry, otherwise it's likely his selection to the Athens Olympics squad will be withdrawn. Waiting in the wings is the Sydney track cyclist Ben Kersten, whose separate appeal before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) was set down for today, but was subsequently delayed for another 24 hours following the statement issued on Dajka."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/jul04/jul29news4

hippy

hippy said:
... Dajka has 24 hours to explain the alleged inconsistencies in his evidence before the Anderson inquiry, otherwise it's likely his selection to the Athens Olympics squad will be withdrawn ....
Dajka out, Kersten in according to this news flash:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/jul04/jul30news2

Dajka apparently plans to appeal... Sheesh. Can't anyone just accept a decision any more? (Particularly in a case like this where he apparently admits to being untruthful. Twice.)

Mouse Potato said:
Dajka out, Kersten in according to this news flash:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/jul04/jul30news2

Dajka apparently plans to appeal... Sheesh. Can't anyone just accept a decision any more? (Particularly in a case like this where he apparently admits to being untruthful. Twice.)

Not sticking up for Jobie in particular, but sometimes there is a reason for an appeal.What he has done is wrong, but i understand what he is thinking. And he did lie....twice. but he has also done nothing illegal in terms of the sport. The only rule he has been proven to break is the injecting himself at the ais. If he was a rider not in the national institute and injected himself with vitamins then nothing else would be heard of the matter. Now he has broken "rules" and lied and he probably doesnt deserve to be in the team but he is a bloody good rider and i think it would be logical to atleast consider his appeal. The initial "sacking" is just something they do to make it all legitimate. Same reason that they have selection criteria that doesnt always choose the best riders....sometimes the rules dont work the way they r supposed to.

BTW our juniors rule.

i think i counted 6 gold, and 3 of silver and bronze! that is an awesome effort and some first year riders in there aswell!

drewjc said:
Not sticking up for Jobie in particular, but sometimes there is a reason for an appeal.What he has done is wrong, but i understand what he is thinking. And he did lie....twice. but he has also done nothing illegal in terms of the sport. The only rule he has been proven to break is the injecting himself at the ais. If he was a rider not in the national institute and injected himself with vitamins then nothing else would be heard of the matter. Now he has broken "rules" and lied and he probably doesnt deserve to be in the team but he is a bloody good rider and i think it would be logical to atleast consider his appeal. The initial "sacking" is just something they do to make it all legitimate. Same reason that they have selection criteria that doesnt always choose the best riders....sometimes the rules dont work the way they r supposed to.

BTW our juniors rule.

i think i counted 6 gold, and 3 of silver and bronze! that is an awesome effort and some first year riders in there aswell!

All those riders fingered by Mark French that they were using his room as a shooting gallery for any substance denied French's accusations.

If injecting vitamins was not in breach of the rules then those riders would have admitted only to self injecting vitamins. However, it is in breach of the rules to have vitamins injected without authorisation and knowledge of the AIS. And I would expect in the interests of safety and hygiene any authorised injections would be required to be carried out by a suitably qualified person.

Dobie allegedly was not truthful in his accounting because he was aware that if he had admitted to the apparent less serious offence of vitamin injections he would have been sanctioned anyway. Unfortunately for him tests identified his DNA on some of those needles. Fortunately or unfortunately for him the DNA testing neutralised the identity of the substance.

It is now looking absurd. We are days away from the commencement of the Olympics when the riders should be preparing for their taper and Jobie flies home to prepare an appeal. If he wins the appeal he returns to join the team. It took replacement Ben Kersten 36 hours to get to the training camp in Germany so Jobie would be looking at 72 hours of travel and time zone changes during a tapering period if he wins his appeal. Not ideal physical and psychological preparation for a kieran or any event.

Don't forget the equine Growth Hormones (eGH) vials, syringes, swabs, Testicomp, and David French's (Mark's pop) angry rants re: the Olympic scapegoating of his freaky fast son.

Ah yes, the good old days of doping cover ups.

Just like in Operation Puerto, Simpson, Festina, TVM, PDM, Mapei, Liquigas, Pantani, etc....